Associate Director, Emerging Markets, Global Regulatory Affairs応募後で応募 求人ID R0047099 掲載日 09/15/2021 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Associate Director, Growth and Emerging Markets, Global Regulatory Affairs, Oncology
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager / Associate Director, Emerging Markets, Global Regulatory Affairs in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Growth and Emerging Markets, Global Regulatory Affairs working on the Research and Development team, you will be empowered to define, develop and lead strategies to maximize regulatory success to strengthen the product development plan, to enable patient access and to achieve appropriate price and reimbursement in alignment with program objectives, including all aspects of submission and timely approval of investigational applications, market application and life-cycle management. A typical will include:
- Defines, develops and leads Growth and Emerging Markets strategies to maximize regulatory success to strengthen the product development plan, to enable patient access and to achieve appropriate price and reimbursement in alignment with program objectives, including all aspects of submission and timely approval of investigational applications, market application and life-cycle management.
- Help the team leader to provide direction, support, mentoring, and strategic guidance to other team members to support scope of project work, when applicable.
- Responsible for demonstrating Takeda leadership behaviors.
- Defines, develops and leads Growth and Emerging Markets strategies to maximize regulatory success towards achievement of program objectives.
- Independently manages, plans and directs all aspects for the successful preparation, submission and timely approval of investigational applications, market applications, variations, post approval reporting obligations and general product life cycle management of assigned program.
- Effectively communicates the regulatory strategies, submission plans and timelines; and impact assessments of trends, regulations and changes related to assigned programs.
- Stays current with regulations / guidance’s in Emerging Markets for impact on drug development plans, registration and life-cycle management to maximize the positive outcomes of the regulatory applications and maintain registration compliance.
- Provides regulatory expertise on Emerging Markets for multiple projects including at least one highly complex program, focused on non-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development, registration and / or post-marketing compliance and life cycle management.
- Assures ongoing efforts towards fulfilment of international product approval conditions for late stage programs. Develops effective working relationships with Local Regulatory Lead, Regional and Global Regulatory Team, Cross-functional Teams; company’s consultants and Business Partners.
- Supports Access to Medicines initiatives to develop and implement innovative patient access strategies.
- Evaluates new business development opportunities for Emerging Markets and / or participates on due diligence teams.
- In coordination with local regulatory lead provides strategic guidance / advice on emerging trends, regulations and changes, with emphasis on those related to assigned program enabling proactive approach and planning to future business needs.
- Oversees interactions with Health Authorities in Emerging Markets countries
- for all programs in defined Therapeutic Area scope.
- Provides interpretation to the business, Global Product Lead and other key stakeholders
- Leads or supports preparation activities for meetings with Health Authorities for the assigned program, as required.
- Interacts directly with Health Authorities, as required.
- Represents Takeda Emerging Markets in Health Authority meetings, as
- Effectively communicates and manages meeting outcome and next steps, as required.
- Has an established rapport with Global Health Authorities that enables constructive exploratory discussions.
- Mentors other team members, if required, to support scope of project work.
- Partner with the regional/LOC market access and LOC RA colleagues to define the strategy for, and to lead and oversee joint interactions with regional and national regulatory/Health Agency on value and evidence topics and to support Heath Authority decision making.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS degree in a scientific discipline; BA accepted based on experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Extensive pharmaceutical industry experience. This is inclusive of thorough regulatory experience or a solid combination of regulatory and/or related experience in both development and post-marketing phases.
- 8+ years of directly related regulatory experience is desirable.
- Solid regulatory experience, including knowledge of regulations and guidances governing drugs and biologics in all phases of development for emerging markets and US and/or EU (relevant to role) as well as leading
- interaction with Health Authorities.
- Preferred experience in managing multiple filings; or managing multiple programs across therapy areas in closely related development area; global involvement also preferred.
- Must be able to provide guidance in interpreting regulatory regulations and guidelines.
- Must be able to formulate global regulatory strategy to achieve competitive and accelerated product approvals.
- Solid understanding and ability to interpret complex scientific issues across projects and therapy area(s) of responsibility as it relates to regulatory requirements and strategy.
- Must be strong overall and able to train/develop staff in regulatory strategy such as understanding broad concepts within regulatory affairs and implications across the organization and globally;
- Proactively identifies regulatory issues; offers creative solutions and strategies, including risk mitigation strategies.
- Generally strong in all basic skills sets such as oral and written communications, managing and adhering to timelines, negotiation skills, integrity and adaptability.
- Generally strong in working well with others, within global teams and communicating with senior leadership.
- Inspires and motivates group. Takes stand on important issues in productive, respectful way.
- Experience in managing personnel required; preferred experience in managing multiple personnel for multiple years as well as experience managing relationships with CROs and/or contractors.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips.
- Requires approximately up to 10-30% travel
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.