Associate Director, Neuroscience DDU Alliance Management応募後で応募 求人ID R0064881 掲載日 04/27/2022 Location:Boston, Massachusetts; San Diego, California
About the role:
This position is responsible for operationalizing and maximizing the success, value and efficiency of partnered programs by providing leadership in developing and maintaining key Neuroscience R&D partnership
Join Takeda as an Associate Director, Neuroscience DDU Alliance Management. Leveling will be determined based off of candidate experience. This position can be a Senior Manager, Associate Director, or Director level role. Candidate can be located in Cambridge, MA or San Diego, CA.
How you will contribute:
- Alliance Manager (AM) will manage and optimize the value of multi-program alliances and lead complex partnerships for Takeda Neuroscience Research programs.
- The AM will collaborate with internal teams, alliance partners and respective leadership to cultivate successful relationships from contract to completion. He/she will adeptly manage complex alliances & acquisitions with skillful diplomacy, negotiate terms and granular details, establish contract milestones, mediate competing agendas and resolve conflicts, allocate and distribute resources, and meet targets to prioritize Takeda’s interests within a compelling business framework.
- Through exceptional leadership, strong cross-functional alignment and collaboration with multiple stakeholders and the solid building of effective partner relationships, this role ensures cohesive engagement with Takeda Neuroscience Discovery performance objectives.
- The AM position is a highly visible, impactful role with the opportunity for advancement to many other progressive leadership roles within the company
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Foster and maintain complex, multi-program alliance relationships through completion. Work with new and existing partners to achieve partnership goals. Lead efforts to establish mutual understanding, respect, trust and constructive communication between alliance partners.
- Develop keen partner insights: understand partner organization, decision making, and special interests. Facilitate mutual understanding of the respective organizations. Track and report health of the alliance, progress against key partnership objectives and key acquisition value drivers. Establish best practices throughout organization.
- Be well informed about the details of all contracts between Takeda and our partners and be able to use that knowledge to inform discussions among scientists in real time.
- Collaborative leader for newly created, best-in-class Alliance Management team. Inspire superior performance to achieve short-term and long-term objectives.
- Provide a clear vision and focused direction to identify obstacles and develop strategies and recommendations to enhance business relationships across breadth of organization.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and influence with cross functional partners.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and position self as an effective problem solver, exceptional people-leader and driver of business growth.
- Partner and collaborate with multiple stakeholders including Business Development, Discovery, translational medicine, Clinical sciences, Legal / Regulatory and project teams pre-deal to ensure project plans, value drivers for partnership/acquisition, and governance are aligned appropriately in the contract. Ensure cross-functional monitoring, coordination and mutual compliance with contractual obligations. Foster alliance management understanding and skills across the organization. Assist in potential business development opportunities with existing and projected partners.
- Cultivate and develop strong relationships with key constituents, alliance partners, and acquisitions. Communicate with diplomacy, clearly and effectively to all involved parties. Develop and synthesize inter-company communication plans in coordination with alliances / acquisitions. Ensure that all communications support plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources and are aligned with the key objectives of the partnership.
- Advanced life sciences degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) preferred. Neuroscience experience highly preferred with 7+ years experience, or MS with 13+ years experience, or BS with 15+ years experience
- 5+ years’ progressive leadership experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical and / or consulting industry, including managing complex alliance relationships
- Deep experience, diverse skills and demonstrated track record of having directly managed successful multi-program alliances
- Early Discovery collaboration experience a plus
- Keen understanding of the biotech / pharma industry: scientific drug discovery process, driving interaction with governance boards and working knowledge of the essential activities for all key functional areas
- Autonomous, hands-on project manager adept at identifying priorities, aligning strategic and tactical plans, establishing processes, defining “playbooks” and templates, and managing cross-functional teams through significant ambiguity and complexity
- Analytical thinker who can frame complex problems and articulate clear, data-driven recommendations. Problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and tactical level
- Collaborative leader and organizationally savvy team player with a track record of successfully leading, influencing and motivating high-performance teams both within and across company lines to achieve results. Resourceful with strong networking skills.
- Ability to influence without authority. Perseverance; tenacious / no-quit mentality
- Professional certification in alliance management, project management, corporate training, or another relevant discipline preferred
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as a condition of employment.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.