Director, Energy & Sustainability Lead応募 後で応募 求人ID R0012896 掲載日 10/09/2019 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Title:Director, Energy & Sustainability Lead - Cambridge, MA or Zurich
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Energy & Sustainability Lead in our Cambridge or Zurich offices.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director, Energy & Sustainability Lead working in the Facilities Center of Excellence team, you will be empowered to bring best practices, strategies, and programs to our global organization by working with Global EHS to build out Takeda's global Energy & Sustainability program and standards. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by driving best in class energy and sustainability programs to 44 sites globally including our 4 major hubs in Japan, Singapore, Zurich, and Cambridge. You will also work with our Construction Project Management Lead on Energy and Sustainability requirements for renovations and new buildouts. A typical day will include:
- Leads the development and standardization of energy management and sustainability for GREFP
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in Energy Management and Sustainability
- Collaborates with Capital Project Management team to understand issues and opportunities and partners with them to drive improvements on capital projects.
- Leverage Takeda’s global scale to take advantage of global and/or functional synergies, while empowering the Regional Facilities Leads to apply best practices, manage risk, and make sound decisions with agility. Develop strong horizontal alignment with Regional Facilities Leads.
- Partners with procurement, GMS and EHS on enterprise-wide energy and sustainability programs as they relate to sites within GREFP scope, and work with regional teams to implement these programs successfully.
- Cultivate relationships with the Regional Facilities Leads. Draw upon the expertise of peers within the function and their organizations.
- Collaborate with GMS and EHS on enterprise-wide energy & sustainability programs as they relate to sites within GREFP purview. Ensure energy and sustainability strategies are in-line with enterprise-wide goals and regional and local needs.
- Integrate energy management concepts into existing and new Takeda facilities, monitor property energy use to identify energy saving initiatives, develop energy reduction and sustainability goals, initiate and drive renewable energy projects, reduce material waste, and ensure the reliability of energy data
- Define energy & sustainability strategies, policies, processes, systems, and tools to help Takeda meet its aspirations for carbon neutrality across sites within GREFP’s purview
- Support implementation and compliance of energy and sustainability policies and procedures. Roll-out revisions and training globally. Establish communication channels to ensure internal alignment.
- Program manage energy and sustainability programs and initiatives. Analyze and report on performance metrics, complete feasibility analyses, evaluate potential savings opportunities in the energy space and create a cost benefit analysis for financial investments
- Pursue LEED and WELL Certifications for all sites within GREFP purview.
- Work with the procurement team on energy sourcing to support energy and sustainability goals.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the function globally. Monitor industry best practices.
- Create a culture of compliance internally and externally where everyone Lives Our Values Every Day (LOVED) and abides by Takeda’s Global Code of Conduct and Supplier Code of Conduct.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Successful track record of designing and implementing complex energy and sustainability strategies that achieved desired results.
- Deep technical expertise in energy and sustainability, including LEED, energy sourcing and sustainability practices.
- Strong knowledge of demand-side energy analytics and management
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrate strategic enterprise thinking to find innovative ways to serve the business in a way that centers on patients and builds trust, reputation, and our business. Trusted partner who expresses and influences opinions by grounding them in recommendations that are best for the enterprise.
- Bias for action and ability to establish global vision/strategies that translate into regional, local, or functional service level results.
- Leads stakeholders on a change journey with discipline, transparency, and authenticity.
- Focuses on the few priorities that matter most and delivers superior results.
- Demonstrated abilities in high value project/program management.
- Leadership experience in stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in energy and sustainability
- Knowledge of the latest trends in technology to enable the function and deliver world-class services.
- Creative and practical problem solver.
- Highly complex mix of stakeholders across multiple BUs and/or countries who have both global and local agendas.
- Highly regulated industry.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering related field required with at least 10-12 years’ experience in an engineering field, with progressively larger and more complex scopes of responsibility.
- Experience managing energy management / sustainability programs in multiple countries / geographies (there are region specific regulations such as EU energy directive, etc.)
- Experience working in a complex global environment, understands international business practices, customs and markets.
- Exceptionally skilled at stakeholder management.
- Global travel up to [20%].
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.