Director, Liver Disease Research応募後で応募 求人ID R0067922 掲載日 05/26/2022 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Director, Liver Disease Research where you will lead research programs in collaboration with internal and external partners focused on the development of novel anti-fibrotic drug candidates for the treatment of chronic liver diseases. You will be a strong scientific thinker with significant experience leading discovery and development of oligonucleotide therapies for liver diseases, and have extensive experience developing and/or evaluating novel nucleic acid-based therapeutics and delivery platforms As part of the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (GI DDU), you will report to the Head of Liver Research and support, evaluate and/or identify business development opportunities to enhance project progression and/or platform expansion, with specific application to the needs of the liver portfolio including nucleic acid-based therapeutics and delivery platforms.
How you will contribute:
- Develop and oversee novel scientific projects and manage the work of others directly and in a matrixed structure.
- Lead efforts to determine mechanism of action for drug targets and candidates using state-of-the-art methods and tools.
- Oversee the execution of drug candidate and platform development programs, using contemporary methods and tools in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Proactively identify complex obstacles to progress; recommend and implement solutions using a diverse set of resources; contribute to research projects through creative ideas.
- Determine methods on new assignments; make strategic recommendations on projects.
- Seek in-licensing opportunities that bring innovative approaches to treatment of liver diseases.
- Manage a wide variety of tasks, techniques, and projects; integrate these responsibilities to produce quality result with a high level of efficiency.
- Be a scientific mentor.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and leadership.
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 10+ years experience in the discovery and development of oligonucleotide therapies for liver diseases, or
- MS with 14+ years experience, or
- BS with 16+ years experience.
- 7 years of Industry experience required.
- 7 years of managerial experience required.
- Significant understanding of complex biological systems.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with technical, scientific staff and research management.
- Expertise in ASOs/siRNA and/or base editing therapeutics and delivery technologies.
- Expertise in the design and execution of in vivo and in vitro studies for the evaluation of liver-related biology and pathology.
- Solid understanding of in silico and computational approaches in drug development.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.