Director, Medical Communications Lead, Global Oncology応募 後で応募 求人ID R0008466 掲載日 04/22/2019 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
The Medical Communications Lead is high-visibility position within the Global Medical Affairs Oncology (GMAO) organization, responsible for establishing and leading a strategic medical communications plan, a key component of the brand plan, to meet the needs of our patients and health care providers (HCPs).
The primary role of the Medical Communications Lead is to develop and execute medicine-specific medical communications activities aligned with the medical strategy, and to ensure consistent use of scientific statements across the GMAO organization and across different medical communications channels. She/he will lead the product-specific medical communications team and will have indirect operational and strategic oversight over all medical communications activities owned by product‑specific team members in the centers of excellence (COE), including publications, medical information, medical review, training, knowledge management, congresses, outreach and medical education. She/he will have ultimate accountability for implementation and tracking of the strategic medical communications plan, including plans and tactics from each COE.
The Medical Communications Lead will collaborate with the global medical director and the global project manager for the product, as well as other GMAO functions, to develop and deliver a comprehensive and integrated global medical strategy for the brand, which incorporates the medical communications plan, is aligned with other cross‑functional teams (such as commercial and development), and supports regional needs for the brand. She/he will be responsible for providing medical communications support to medical affairs teams within regions and oncology business unit countries (eg, the US Oncology Business Unit) for the brand, by assisting those teams in developing and implementing their medical communications strategy.
- Collaborate with the GMAO product-specific medical director(s) and project manager to develop a strategic medical plan - support development of the plan, which will guide the medical communications strategy, plan and tactics.
- Guided by the medical plan, lead the development of a product-specific medical communication plan that incorporates plans and tactics from each medical communication COE (including, publications, medical information, medical review, training, knowledge management, congresses, outreach and medical education). Track, measure and report on progress against plan in order to assist with budget and prioritization decisions, and to inform future strategic planning.
- Develop and maintain the scientific platform for the product. This foundational document, which is centered on core scientific statements, informs all medical communications across COEs, provides a scientific lexicon for the product, and drives one consistent scientific voice throughout the GMAO organization.
- Coordinate consistent medical communications across all external medical communication channels, including company-directed symposia and medical education, publications, medical information materials, congresses, field resources, and scientific slide decks. Monitor and measure impact and insights from external medical communications to inform future strategic planning.
- Collaborate with External Communications teams to align disease state and brand communications.
- Facilitate the flow of evidence-based, balanced scientific information in a timely manner to inform therapeutic decision making by HCPs (therapeutic area, disease state, and product medical information) and decisions made by Payers and Policymakers.
- Establish and chair regular product medical communications team meetings to ensure delivery of consistent medical communications across all internal and external channels, and to monitor, track and report on progress against plan, and to assist with budget and prioritization decisions.
- Provide oversight and direction for medical review of global promotional and non-promotional materials for the brand, as required.
- Manage direct reports, as and if required.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PharmD, PhD or MD degree
- 7 + years post-doctorate healthcare or related experience
- 5 + years Medical Affairs experience or related industry experience
- 3 + years budgetary and direct/indirect people management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated results in managing medical communications groups including publications, medical information, congresses, and training.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical clinical development and product life-cycle management.
- Cross-functional leadership experience within the Pharmaceutical or related industry.
Global Core Competencies
- Creativity and innovation: This is a leadership position in GMAO, so proven ability to think outside the box and challenge status quo is mandatory.
- Strategic Approach: Ability to identify opportunities and anticipate changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment.
- Engage Others: Ability to create a clear and unifying vision inspiring teams to excel.
- Develop Capabilities: Ability to train, manage, motivate and develop a matrix team of advanced degree professionals and other personnel.
- Collaboration: Ability to cultivate a broad network of relationships throughout the organization.
- Lead Change: Ability to adjust functional or cross-functional plans and priorities in response to changes in strategic direction.
- Drive for Results: Create functional strategies and goals that are closely aligned with company objectives and develop metrics to track and assess performance.
- Pharmaceutical Industry Acumen: Strong understanding of regulatory and compliance environment.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trip. Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Requires approximately 20-30% travel
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.