Director, Statistical Programming応募後で応募 求人ID R0066114 掲載日 05/03/2022 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Statistical Programming, Director in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda SQS is looking to add individuals to our team that are team oriented, collaborative, strong understanding of the statistical programming function, exceptional leaders and innovators. Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven, top 10 biopharmaceutical leader committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet.
To attract and retain the very best talent, we in Takeda SQS are open to flexible or remote working for some roles. Such roles will have a connection to a Takeda R&D center.
- Leads statistical programming activities across an indication/disease area and related oversight activities ensuring quality and timelines
- Leads statistical programming indication/disease area level strategies
- Sets tasks and prioritization across the indication/disease area
- Successfully engages cross functionally to progress tasks with proven influencing skills
- Leads process improvement initiatives
- Existing influential internal and external presence on varied statistical programming topics
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
- Provides technical leadership and ensures adequate statistical programming support for an indication/disease area
- Proactively creates and implements delivery strategies to enable predictable and seamless delivery of projects
- Key decision maker across indication/disease area execution and delivery strategies related to both risk identification and effective mitigations
- Assists Statistical Programming TAU head or Statistical Programming Head to ensure successful implementation of Statistical Programming strategies and efficient execution of the statistical analyses for an indication/disease area
- Applies strong general knowledge of technical and programming methods with applied experience and can lead staff
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and statistical programming ecosystem (e.g., clinical development, the prescription drug distribution process, etc.)
- Possess technical expertise at the enterprise level and across a TAU
- Capable of guiding major technical efforts
- Demonstrate expertise in industry trends and regulatory policy initiatives on quantitative solutions related to TAU or disease area
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence across functions, regions and cultures
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Functional level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex technical ideas in simple comprehensible terms in order to influence decisions and outcomes
- Programming leadership of numerous assets in disease area
- Cross functional leader and influential decision maker that has direct impact on assets and functions
- Key decision maker in asset level strategies and enabling tactical implementation
- Proactively creates and implements sub-strategies to enable the promotion of SQS and DSI vision and mission within TAUs, BUs, and R&D functions
- Mentorship, matrix or direct management of team of team of SQS colleagues
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact the statistical programming function
- Accountable for decision making for the statistical programming function
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for providing input to and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Ability to effectively implement R&D’s partnership strategy as it applies to statistical programming
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions, including but not limited to statistics, data management, clinical operations, medical, global program leads, regulatory
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and external partners, in the industry and area of expertise.
- Effectively represents function in negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Forward thinking with the ability to recommend, influence and implement organizational change and continuous innovation
- Challenge the status quo and propose forward thinking innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Role models respect and inclusion in all interactions, creating a culture that fosters innovation
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Ability to see and understand broader, enterprise level perspective and understand and assess impact to statistical programming
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MA/MS in data science, statistics or a related field with minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry or
- BA/BS in data science, statistics or a related field with minimum of 14 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Proven track record of leading business process transformations and organizational culture change as well as driving programming expertise on programs with complex business deliverables
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with significant direct exposure to clinical development
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply
This offer is for a “hybrid” role as designated in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy. This designation is subject to change, at any time, depending upon business needs. While in this “hybrid” role, it is expected that your home location will remain within a reasonable commute to your Takeda work location.
Base Salary Range: $224,000 to $313,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.