Director, Statistics Gastroenterology応募後で応募 求人ID R0033076 掲載日 06/15/2021 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Statistics GI in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director Statistics GI, working in the Statistical and Quantitative Sciences-Gastroenterology (SQS-GI) group that is part of the larger SQS organization in Takeda’s Data Sciences Institute, you will be empowered to contribute to statistical and data-sciences-related innovation, driving quantitative drug-development strategies to advance the GI therapeutic area unit (TAU) pipeline at Takeda.
- People manager role (reporting to the therapeutic area (TA) Statistics Head) supervising 3-5 statisticians in addition to being Statistics Lead for TAU drug-development programs
- Lead quantitative strategy for the TAU development projects from Phase 1 to Phase 4 (including support for Clinical Pharmacology trials) and maximize statistical contributions to clinical, regulatory, medical affairs and commercial functions
- Implement technical rigor and promote data-driven decision-making and efficient approaches for trial design and clinical development plans
- Contribute to creating a work environment that is competent, transparent and empathetic
- Help develop strategies for statistics-related technologies, processes, best practices and standards
- Promote a culture that is diverse, equitable and inclusive
- Program Statistics Lead for TAU development programs
- Supervise 3-5 statisticians
- Partner with TAU functional stake-holders driving productive collaborations, to maximize statistical contributions to clinical, regulatory, and commercial development strategies
- Ensure adequate statistical support for high quality and timely delivery on statistical activities for TAU development projects supported by direct reports
- Promote innovative clinical development plans, efficient trial designs and cutting-edge analysis methodologies in clinical trials
- Serve as a delegate for the TA Statistics Head, as needed, in interactions with senior stake-holders
- Contribute to keeping the organization current on data-science and statistical methodologies relating to drug development and regulatory requirements
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD or MS in Statistics or Biostatistics
- 12+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech experiences with a PhD degree and 15+ years with an MS degree
- Excellent technical and computational skills particularly in early development
- Outstanding communication skills and excellent technical writing skills
- Kind and empathetic problem-solver who can provide strategic and technical guidance while inspiring direct reports to be innovative
- Must have strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and motivate direct reports. Contributes to creating a culture that is nurturing and safe. Takes stand on important issues in productive, respectful way.
- Solid background and knowledge of statistical methodologies for TAU-run clinical trials
- Interact effectively with regulatory authorities
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization, without direct hierarchical authority, and affect change across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers, within global teams and in communicating with senior leadership.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com