Executive Medical Director, Cell Therapy/Redirected Immunity, Oncology Clinical Science応募後で応募 求人ID R0017100 掲載日 02/20/2020 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
- As leader of the Cell Therapy/Redirected Immunity strategy pillar within the Clinical Sciences function of Takeda Oncology, ensure that clinical development programs are appropriately designed to support Asset Strategy and OTAU objectives
- Partner with the Head, Oncology Cell Therapy Development, a new role established to evolve our R&D model for cell therapies while optimizing key internal and external interfaces.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) at the synopsis and protocol review board (OTECH) for relevant studies
- Coordinate oncology-dedicated functional leaders across development as an extention of the TAU leadership team to enable advancement of the cell therapy/redirected immunity portfolio by the Global Program Teams (GPTs), including working closely with Clinical Ops to ensure operational excellence in clinical studies (OSR)
- Actively participate in business development assessments and in the governance of key Oncology partnerships related to the cell therapy/redirected immunity portfolio (e.g. JSC / JDC representative)
- Support the Head, Oncology Clinical Science in representing the OTAU at the Safety Board
- Serve as a key Oncology strategist and thought partner to the Research, Development and Commercial oncology leaders bringing enterprise thinking, a strong external network, and state-of-the-art clinical knowledge to maximize the patient value of Takeda innovative Oncology portfolio.
- Please refer to R&D Day 2019 materials: https://www.takeda.com/investors/reports/quarterly-announcements/quarterly-announcements-2019/takedas-rd-investor-day-2019/
- Serve as an outstanding leader of the Clinical Sciences team who attracts, hires, motivates, challenges, and develops talents, with a focus on enhancing capabilities in cell therapy/redirected immunity.
- As such, works closely with the Head,OTAU and Head,Oncology Cell Therapy Development to ensure optimal clinical science support of the oncology cell therapy portfolio including by Global Clinical Leads (GCLs).
- As reference SME of the Oncology Tenjin Committee Hub (OTECH), work with oncology-designated global functional leaders and external advisors to provide cross-functional technical review of synopses and full protocols designed to implement the asset strategies.
- Support the Chair of the Oncology Development Leadership Team (ODeLT), to facilitate execution by global project teams (GPTs) of portfolio review committed (PRC)-endorsed cell therapy plans, including taking ownership of issues escalated by GPTs, tackling portfolio-level operational challenges identified as major themes, and addressing strategic challenges beyond the scope of GPTs.
- Support the Head, Oncology Clinical Science to manage the Oncology Clinical Science budget across regions.
- Drive organizational team effectiveness initiatives that advance the fit-for-purpose Global Program Team model and Clinical SubTeam/Study Execution Team (CST/SET), particularly in the context of applying the evolving trial delivery operating model (TDOM) to the cell therapy portfolio.
- Drive key initiatives as a member of the Oncology TAU Leadership Team (OTAULT), including functional and cross-functional innovations in clinical development.
- Serve as clinical development expert to the Oncology Business Unit and PRC stakeholders for cell therapy/redirected immunity program
- Accountable for strategic medical guidance to Business Development.
- Provides input and collaborates with (internal and external) cross-functional strategic teams and task forces.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Has leading edge knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories in the discipline. May represent Company or act as an external technical resource.
- Has relevant experience in the field of cell therapy and/or redirected immunity
- Applies technical, line and business knowledge to lead the strategic direction of line and/or zone portfolio.
- Develops innovative ideas and leads complex discipline, department and/or line projects.
- Demonstrates strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients, and build trust, reputation and business
- Creates the environment that inspires and enables people to collaborate and move the organization forward
- Focuses on the few priorities and delivers superior results
- Elevates the capabilities of the organization for now and the future
- Decisions have a long-term effect on the objectives of the Oncology TAU and on the Clinical Science function within Takeda R&D
- Decisions impact the Clinical Science discipline and the Oncology TAU
- Exercises foresight and judgment in initiating, planning, organizing and guiding highly complex projects across the clinical development lines.
- Responsible for uncovering and resolving issues associated with the strategic development and implementation of operational programs. Advises colleagues on technical and policy issues; is considered a subject -matter expert providing technical guidance.
- Contribution is evaluated based on business impact requiring a long-term perspective. Reviews work completed by other colleagues outside of direct line and/or from other teams.
- Decisions have a long-term effect on the objectives of the discipline, department and/or line.
- Decisions impact the discipline, department and/or line and its customers.
- Influences the direction of the discipline to Company's advantage. Is a visionary in leveraging an environment of experimentation and developing creative thinking that will have an effect on Company, its partners, and the community.
- Makes decisions by developing innovative options and/or multiple solutions to highly complex problems. Recommends courses of action to management and/or senior leaders that impact the discipline, department or line. Influences the decisions of management/senior leaders.
- Provides/leads in-depth analyses and recommendations to management and senior leaders in complex ambiguous situations across the discipline, department and/or line.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- M.D. required. It is also required that this individual not only have sufficient grounding in the principles of the scientific method and cancer biology, but also have experience in oncology drug development and regulatory sciences sufficient to lead internal and external projects relevant to the Oncology TAU across the spectrum of R and D (early and late phase, LCM).
- Direct experience with executing development plans with cell therapies and/or redirected immunity approaches