Head of Data Services and Content Delivery応募 後で応募 求人ID R0012565 掲載日 09/19/2019 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the Head of Data Services & Content Delivery in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Design, build and manage the Takeda Global Data Library and related content sources to establish an open, well-structured and easy to use knowledge base for Takeda
- Build an interactive inventory of data to enable easy data exploration and novel combinations that are both safe and appropriate to the current activities regardless of data source, structure, or semantic origin.
- Develop new approaches to complex analytics that emphasis explainability and reproducability of results and new lines of inquiry
- Engage diverse technical, scientific, and business experts to identify unmet needs and improve scientific outcomes through close interaction with users.
- Deliver and continuously improve data services that automate the alignment and use of R&D data from different data sources (including RWD) while preserving the context and original use of the data.
- Drive the development of forward thinking data access and data sharing policies across bio-statistic, high-content, RWE, clinical trial and all other forms of R&D content
- Establish mechanisms that turn data architectures into dynamic services that accommodate rapid changes as new data, new ideas, and new health opportunities emerge
- Establish strong data governance that is described and encoded in the inherent language of business and science and complies to security and privacy, storage and access.
- In collaboration with leadership across R&D’s data driven organizations, lead efforts to establish master data definitions (and usage guidelines) for consistent classification and cataloging of R&D’s data and data related assets.
- Implement New Mechanisms that make data more useful and understandable in multiple business areas:
- Automate the connections of data
- Automated enrichments across terminologies and scientific disciplines
- Find and make discoverable data across different data model, schemas, and formats
- Organize data at scale for high-performance exploration and discovery
- Automate the generation of hypotheses for prioritization and inquiry
- Ensure that data is used appropriate based on business rules, policies, and legal constraints
- Lead the definition, design and delivery of Takeda knowledge management capabilities, including identification of critical data cataloging elements/metadata for effective and efficient searches of the Takeda knowledge base
- Drives solution formulation around the sources and uses of data to solve customer and internal challenges
- Innovate in exciting areas including unstructured data, sentiment, identity resolution, and linguistics
- Lead the establishment, and guide the activities, of data domain working groups accountable for implementing R&D’s Data Governance Policy objectives.
- Collaborate with the Head of Data Architecture & Digital Solutions, Privacy and IT Security to ensure the management of R&D data within the Data Lake environment complies with data governance and data access policies and procedures
- Lead and network with key internal stakeholders to identify unique opportunities to discover and exploit data assets using traditional and non-traditional methods of data synthesis
- Contribute to the ongoing creation of intellectual property that advances the enabling capabilities of the organization, especially related to unstructured data
- Drive internal process change management to optimize data capture and standardization, including utilization of new devices and novel data capabilities (e.g. wearables)
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with external vendors and with customers to gather information, prioritize projects, ensure common understanding of data flow expectations, and proactively manage issues.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and demonstrated knowledge of data science and R&D technology landscape
- Ability to engage in CXO level strategic discussions (both within Takeda and with external partners)
- Advanced data analytics ability and experience in taking complex issues/data sets and translating them into actionable plans
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry regulations governing digital activities for US, EU, and Japan
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Executive leadership presence and confidence
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to develop and drive a Global Workforce and Talent strategy for all Data Architecture & Digital Solutions colleagues
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterprise
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for designing and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Ability to effectively implement R&D’s partnership strategy
- Effectively represent Takeda in High-level negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions including IT and Data Science capabilities
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Breadth of knowledge required across therapeutic areas, indications, and/or modalities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORALCOMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Advanced Degree in technology, business or related fields required.
- Minimum 15 years of advanced technology delivery experience in the pharmaceutical industry commercial space, or another consumer-focused industry, preferably in multiple geographies
- Senior management experience in pharmaceutical industry and/or clinical research, Biotech or related industries or related field, leading a medium to large organization and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with significant direct exposure to clinical development
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary globally dispersed teams. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.