Head of R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs応募後で応募 求人ID R0024730 掲載日 11/10/2020 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs, in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission
The R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs is a core pillar of the Chief Medical Office (CMO) and builds on the CMO’s holistic, inclusive and patient focused approach and deliberately links to R&D imperatives related to the Inclusive Ecosystem pillar of our diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) strategy.
The Head of R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs will provide oversight for the following Centers of Excellence (CoE) and is responsible for creating a unifying vision and strategy for R&D’s end-to-end patient focused approach in alignment with R&D priorities with a focus on global health equity, development of and equitable access to meaningful therapeutic options and improved diagnosis:
• R&D Health Equity: Creates and maintains a unifying vision and strategy for how Takeda can address health disparities, improve health equity globally, and work in close partnership with other DE&I stakeholders. This function will work across Takeda to embed health equity principles within the company and position us as an industry leader in this effort.
• Named Patient Programs (NPP): Leads planned programs that enable an eligible patient to receive a Takeda products for the lead indication prior to local commercial availability in countries where there is an intent to commercialize.
• Individual Patient Requests (IPR): Works with GPTs when HCPs make unsolicited requests for a Takeda investigational product that falls outside the scope of an NPP. This group will work closely with NPP.
• R&D Patient Engagement Office (PEO): Collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle to capture patient insights and ensure these insights shape development plans.
• Global Commission to End the Diagnostic Odyssey for Children with a Rare Disease: The Global Commission, co-founded by Takeda, harnesses the power of technology and empowering families to accelerate the time to diagnose a child with a rare disease.
Importantly, in order to build a more inclusive ecosystem, the Head of R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs will be responsible for building and leading internal and external networks to position Takeda as a leader in health equity in close collaboration with cross-functional partners.
• Lead and provide strategic oversight for a newly formed R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs to integrate and align the R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs core CoE’s, ensuring integration and execution of the R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs activities to maximize value across R&D and the broader Takeda enterprise.
• Establish infrastructure, resources, programming and partnerships to support successful implementation of CoE strategies.
• Build and develop a diverse, industry-leading R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs team through coaching, training, leadership development and effective recruitment and retention strategies.
• Empower, advise and support the R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs leadership team to deliver on short and long-term goals and objectives specific to each of the CoE’s (Health Equity, Patient Engagement, Early Access and Early Diagnosis of Rare Disease).
• Ensure state of the art integrated early access and post-trial access policy and its consistent implementation on a Takeda enterprise level and alignment with Access to Medicines program as well as Regional / LOC approaches.
• Provide medical expertise and consultation on early access programs. Represent Takeda internally externally related to access policies and individual access decisions as needed.
• Partner effectively across R&D functions, Business Units and other divisions to enhance connectivity, address emerging issues, align on priorities and manage expectations.
• Represent the R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs on CMO LT, executive level R&D and cross-organizational leadership teams and governance bodies.
• Collaborate with the Head of R&D Health Equity, R&D leaders and Business Units to build and lead a diverse inclusive ecosystem of patients, partners and communities to strengthen health research, access and capacity building in an effort to address health inequalities globally.
• Champion R&D diversity, equity and inclusion strategies.
• Oversee the R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs budget planning & execution and communication of milestones & KPIs to Takeda leadership.
• Proactively identify and prioritize opportunities and partnerships to position Takeda as an industry leader in health equity and patient focused approach.
• Spearhead internal and external efforts and policy development related the overseen functions.
• Represent CMO and Takeda at Regulatory Agencies, Patient Association Meetings, Consortia and other external venues.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
• This position will develop and lead a new Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs within Takeda’s Chief Medical Office. The R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs is a core pillar of the Chief Medical Office (CMO) and builds on the CMO’s holistic, inclusive and patient focused approach and deliberately links to R&D imperatives related to the Inclusive Ecosystem pillar of our diversity, equity and inclusion(DE&I) strategy.
• A core component of this role is to build internal and external capabilities to address health inequities globally.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise:
• Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and global healthcare ecosystems with deep knowledge of global research and development and the interface with other organizations, functions and business units.
• Sound understanding of patient experience driven drug development as well as (early) access considerations and policies.
• Deep awareness of global health equity related issues.
• Direct patient care experience and understanding of patient needs.
• Significant experience leading within a complex, global organization and demonstrated ability to partner at all levels across the company
• Enterprise level leadership with ability to inspire, influence and drive cross-functional results
• Strong strategic leadership capability with developed skills in team building and people development
• Embrace and demonstrate DE&I mindset and role models these behaviors both internally and externally
Decision-making and Autonomy:
• Ability to take decisive and swift action in times of crisis or uncertainty, weighing the necessary inputs
• Seek diverse input from multiple stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
• Accountable for the R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs decisions and prioritization
• Establish and cultivate a global network of diverse internal and external partners to drive the R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs priorities
• Effectively navigate the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring an engaging workplace
• Represent Takeda in High-level negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
• Serve as an internal point to Therapeutic Area Units (TAUs), other R&D Functions, Business Units and Enterprise Functions to effectively identify priorities and implementation strategies for the R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs
• Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
• Comfortable challenging the status quo and taking risks in bringing forward innovative solutions
• Define a sustainable evolution for how Takeda will continually meet the needs of patients and address health inequities globally.
• Lead a new R&D Center for Health Equity and Patient Affairs organization within Takeda’s CMO to coordinate the development of R&D’s sustainable end-to-end focused patient approach linking across our various functions, regions, and BUs to execute programs through strategic collaborations
• Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
• Understand global health and health systems and related inequities
• Breadth of knowledge required across therapeutic areas, indications, and/or modalities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• MD degree required. Dual degree preferred (MD/MPH, MD/MSGH).
• 15+ years relevant professional experience required in a multi-disciplinary, global environment. R&D experience in the pharmaceutical industry essential.
• 10+ years of relevant leadership experience
• 8+ years of line and matrix management experience
• Ability to travel both locally and internationally
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.