In vivo Antibody Discovery Research Scientist応募後で応募 求人ID R0104717 掲載日 09/11/2023 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on three therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Research Scientist I where you will contribute to discovery of biologics using in vivo based approaches within the biotherapeutic generation and engineering group, using state-of-the-art discovery technology and creating novel treatments to positively impact patients’ lives in the fields of Oncology, Gastroenterology and Neuroscience. Through deep scientific engagement and involvement in therapeutic programs, you will also help to define the best path forward based on the therapeutic needs, design immunization strategies and conduct antibody discovery using platforms including single B cell sorting, Optomicrofluidic Beacon based screening, molecular cloning, and/or NGS technologies. As part of the Biotherapeutic Engineering team, you will report to the Principal Scientist and work with the Global Biologics organization.
How you will contribute:
- Significantly contribute to the strategies for biologics discovery and engineering of both discovery and final therapeutic modalities while conducting defined research assignments.
- Responsible for design and execute the immunization strategies by using DNA/RNA and multiple formats of immunogens, adjuvants and different immunization protocols. Evaluate and optimize immunization protocols for multi-transmembrane targets like GPCR.
- Conduct hands-on immunization; mouse tissue harvest, B cell separation and enrichment for antigen specific antibody screening.
- Perform single cell RT-PCR, PCR, molecular cloning, and BCR sequence analysis. Coordinate with high-throughput mammalian expression group for the downstream expression and purification.
- Interpret results of complex experiments and make data-driven decisions, while demonstrating forward thinking to next best steps at experimental level and beyond.
- Prepare and present comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations / posters to a broad range of internal/external audiences.
- Be the in vivo discovery lead in programs, interfacing with cross functional teams, including members from the broader biologics team, disease areas, DMPK and DSRE.
- Remain aware of the competitive landscape in the field through literature.
- PhD in a scientific discipline, or MS with 6+ years of relevant experience, or BS with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of immunization for antibody generation. Experience with animal handling is required. Experience with DNA and cell immunization is preferred.
- Experience with single B cell cloning or multicolor cell sorting is required.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge in the field of biotherapeutic discovery and protein engineering.
- Demonstrate broad and in-depth knowledge of any of the specialties in Immunology, Vaccinology, or Cell Biology.
- Experience and knowledge of NGS is preferred but not required.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Base Salary Range: $105,000.00 to $150,000.00, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.