Physician Scientist, Translational Medicine Leader, Liver Disease応募後で応募 求人ID R0087273 掲載日 04/14/2023 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Physician Scientist, where you will focus on NASH and liver fibrosis and be a global leader, who is responsible for the following:
- providing medical perspective to early research and target selection
- defining and implementing translational medicine (TM) strategies/plans
- defining and implementing the early clinical development (ECD) strategies/plans through phase 2a
- securing execution for a portfolio of projects
You will also describe the approach to TM strategies, plans, and activities required to define patient population/segmentation and establish target engagement, proof of pharmacology, and early evidence for clinical efficacy in phase 1/2a studies, including criteria for decision-making. For the ECD strategy and plan, you will describe the approach to early clinical development including the definition of study designs, patient populations, and decision criteria in clinical studies through phase 2a. You will also define strategies and plans for the reverse translation of human tissue and clinical study data to support new target generation, and patient segmentation, and define implications for ongoing projects.
As part of the Translational Medicine and Biomarker Research team, you will report to the VP and Head of the team and work with the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (GI DDU), where you will play a critical role in the progression of projects from early research to clinical Proof of Concept (PoC) in patients.
How you will contribute:
- Work within a highly matrixed and virtual environment, provide medical perspective, strategies, and plans required for Liver Disease.
- Establish ECD and TM Strategies and Plans for the project at project start and through to clinical PoC including reverse translation for projects in the area together with research, biomarker, clinical, and other relevant groups.
- The TM plan describes the integrated activities required e.g., biomarker plan and phase 0 studies to establish and validate the measurements to be used for patient population /segmentation, target engagement, proof of pharmacology, and early clinical efficacy in phase 1b/2a.
- Establish ECD strategies and plans including study designs, and clinical study protocols, and lead the early clinical development team.
- Provide strategies and plans for reverse translation of human and clinical study data to support target validation and selection, establish implications to ongoing research and early development projects, and define new hypotheses for patient selection together with research and clinical.
- Identify and ensure the success of key external collaborations required to support TM plans or reverse translational activities.
- Define and lead phase 0 clinical studies part of TM plans.
- Secure timely execution of TM and ECD plans with high-quality driving decision-making together with internal and external collaborators through successful multidisciplinary team working.
- MD. with preferably a Ph.D. or research experience and with significant industry and leadership experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years of directly related experience within industry and academia with proven leadership in translational research in Liver Disease with a focus on fibrosis.
- An internationally recognized leader in the area of expertise.
- Strong leadership, strategic skills, and acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Lead a multifunctional matrixed team comprised of scientists and physicians from within Takeda and external collaborators.
- Proven track record in successfully executing translational work with a proven bridge between experimental systems and human studies.
- Build relationships and collaborates with scientific leaders, KOLs, academic partners, CROs, and biotech and is an international subject matter expert.
- Contribute key input to other GI DDU areas.
- Contribute to strategic decisions to advance research projects from early stages to developmental in a way that maximizes the likelihood of long-term success.
- Participate in the evaluation of preclinical and clinical licensing candidates from institutions and companies and provide expert input to the GI business development team.
- Represent Takeda and create a presence in the scientific community through scientific meetings, advisory boards, online research communities, etc.
- Keep up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. competitive situation, new technology, new research portfolio, and new partnership) and be well informed about current regulatory (FDA, EMA, etc.) requirements and trends.
- Requires approximately 20% or more travel, including international.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and a company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $217,200 to $310,000, based on the candidate's professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.