Preclinical Imaging Scientist I応募後で応募 求人ID R0069084 掲載日 06/13/2022 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Preclinical Imaging Scientist I where you will maintain in vitro radioligand binding laboratory within Takeda to facilitate the discovery and development of novel PET/SPECT imaging agents across therapeutics areas. Conduct robust assessment of the tractability of a given target early in the development process in order to reduce overall development cost and allow for more efficient allocation of finite resources.
You will also work closely with both PTS-Imaging Therapeutic Area Leads and program teams to help make data driven decisions which will impact PET/SPECT discovery and translational efforts. Serve as a subject matter expert and go-to person for radioligand in vitro support for preclinical project teams. As part of the Preclinical Imaging team, you will report to the Senior Scientific Director Preclinical Imaging and work with various Drug Discovery Units (DDU).
How you will contribute:
- As an expert in molecular biology techniques, conduct in vitro binding assays and functional screen development to aid in the drug discovery effort across therapeutic areas
- Work with the various Drug Discovery Unit's (DDU) to help establish a suitable Imaging biomarker translational strategy
- Design and conduct suitable experiments including in vitro radioligand binding, in vitro/ex vivo autoradiography assays, and additional supporting molecular biology assays (eg. Western blot, immunostaining, in situ hybridization, etc)
- Review experimental data and present results along with recommendations for potential next steps to program teams
- Provide subject matter expertise and represent PTS-Imaging on preclinical project teams
- Support strategic imaging biomarker strategies to enable decision-making that will have direct impact on Takeda pipeline
- Maintain lab and keep up to date with new techniques and methodologies
- Utilize in vitro and ex vivo molecular pharmacology to assess regional distribution, occupancy and specificity of lead imaging candidates
- Handle and process various tissue types across species
- Develop and run biological assays used to identify and validate molecular targets across therapeutic areas
- Develop and optimize HTS radioligand binding assays to to support PET/SPECT tracer development
- As an in-house in vitro pharmacology expert, work with preclinical development teams to help devise and implement imaging biomarkers in drug discovery
- Serve as a knowledgeable Takeda representative for pharmacology issues to external imaging experts, imaging biomarker activities and consortia.
- Maintain external relationships with key academic and industrial partners
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) with pharmacology expertise
- At least 2 years of experience working on PET/SPECT radiotracer discovery and development (Industrial or post-graduate training). For example, experience with in vitro radioligand binding, in vitro/ex vivo autoradiography across various tissue types
- Ability to work within a cross-functional, matrixed teams in a drug discovery imaging-related context.
- Able to think critically in applying innovative technologies in a "fit for purpose" manner within the radiotracer discovery process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including presentational capabilities.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.