Scientific Intelligence Specialist応募後で応募 求人ID R0032296 掲載日 06/15/2021 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientific Intelligence Specialistin our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The main role of the Scientific Intelligence Specialist in the Scientific Intelligence (SI) group is to interact with stakeholders and customers, often at a very senior level, to accomplish the following:
- Understand their needs in terms of research and analysis, and conduct in depth reference interviews
- Acquire the scientific information required to answer the research question
- Make optimal use of the available information sources to collect and analyze necessary data, knowledge and intelligence
- Provide the stakeholders with the outcome and the insights, iterating the process to the stakeholder and requestor complete satisfaction
- Communicate actively with in-house customers to grasp the purpose and timeline for their requests, collect and analyze the necessary data, and deliver the results to them.
- Research and evaluate R&D information in a precise and careful manner to provide insightful deliverables for stakeholders catching early signals of innovative and emerging medical technologies and the value judgment.
As data sources, we mainly utilize both commercial and public databases/information, focusing on R&D contents, KOL, literature, conference presentation, patent, and grant related to pharmaceuticals and medical technologies. We also utilize sources of information on medical regulation, business, market, etc. as needed.
Collect data and information on Takeda’s therapeutic areas of focus, target diseases, and key medical technologies, select necessary information precisely and carefully, analyze it with insight, and complete it as a final report.
- For specific purposes (e.g. a request for competitive landscape on a specific technology), utilize various databases: pharmaceutical R&D (e.g. Cortellis and Pharma Projects), KOL search (e.g. Monocl), literature and conference information (e.g. ProQuest), patent information (e.g. Cortellis), grant information (e.g. NIH and EU grant databases), and so on.
- For SI’s stock of information, conduct daily search for a wide range of information regarding R&D, emerging science technologies, regulations, business, funding, market trend, etc., by utilizing resources under Takeda’s global licenses such as scientific journals (e.g. Nature, Science, etc.) and industry news (Scrip, Pink Sheet, Endpoints News, etc.), as well as other news sources.
Response to CI requests:
- Based on the roles and responsibilities regarding, for example, therapeutic areas and medical technologies, communicate actively with in-house customers to grasp the purpose and timeline for their requests, collect and analyze the necessary data, and deliver the results to them. Also, utilize visualization tools (such as Tableau) as needed for a user-friendly purpose
The work location will be either in the U.S. (Boston/Cambridge) or Japan (Shonan - desirable - or Osaka)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Masters degree preferred.
- 5 years of business experience in pharmaceutical R&D (or equivalent)
- Experience in competitive intelligence (CI) activities in pharma R&D
- Familiarity with emerging science technologies (e.g. cell & gene therapies) is desirable
- Experience with specialty therapeutic fields (e.g. rare diseases) is preferred
- Exposure to pharma R&D databases for CI purposes
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- General knowledge of pharmaceutical data & information sources
- Familiarity with collecting information from online resources
- Experience utilizing IT tools for visualization such as Tableau
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Relevant travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.