Scientist II - Vaccine Discovery応募後で応募 求人ID R0037024 掲載日 06/15/2021 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Scientist II - Vaccine Discovery
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II - Vaccine Discovery in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission
- Responsible for the design, execution, analysis and interpretation of well-defined studies contributing to vaccine discovery and development projects
- Identify and establish new methods for testing immunogenicity, efficacy and safety of candidate vaccines, including new methods for detailed characterization of functional immune responses.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary vaccine development teams, coordinate activities with other team members, and manage activities of research associates.
- Summarize results and conclusions in study reports and present data at internal meetings and scientific conferences
- Design, plan and execute studies to test immunogenicity, efficacy and safety of viral vaccines
- Development and qualification of novel methods to evaluate immunogenicity to candidate vaccines.
- Analyze and interpret study results and make recommendations to project teams.
- Supervise and guide research associates in the execution of vaccine discovery projects and evaluate their performance.
- Participate on multifunctional project teams including liason with internal partners, timeline management and project status reporting.
- Liaison with external collaborators/consultants to advance projects effectively.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, and power point presentations for distribution and/or presentation to project teams and management, and for inclusion in project reports.
- Present at internal and external scientific meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Microbiology, Virology, Immunology or related discipline with at least 4 years post-doctoral experience. M.S. in Microbiology, Virology or Immunology with at least 6 years experience, or B.S. in Microbiology, Virology or Immunology with at least 8 years experience.
- Working knowledge of virologic and immunological principles principles and methods as they relate to vaccine development.
- Experience in assay development, mammalian cell culture, viral in vitro infection models, and ability to investigate and apply new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Vaccine industry experience and working knowledge of GLP is preferred
- Maintain current knowledge related to the fields of virology, immunology, vaccine research and development relevant to the vaccine pipeline.
- Sound understanding of experimental objectives and concepts of experimental design.
- Possess organizational, prioritization and general project management skills, attention to detail and demonstrate reliability and responsibility
- Ability to work independently with others and interact cooperatively in a team environment and consistently.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess advanced Microsoft Office, data entry, data presentation and analysis, computer skills and biostatistical analysis.
- Ability to supervise and mentor/develop others.
- Comply with safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit the Global Takeda Core Competencies
- Acquire and maintain appropriate training and certification to remain in compliance with all shipping regulations for infectious agents.
- Comply with institutional certifications and requirements in a BSL-2 environment.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Typical office and laboratory bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- Willingness to travel to various internal, collaborator and scientific meetings, including overnight trips.
- Requires approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.