Senior Counsel IP応募後で応募 求人ID R0019844 掲載日 04/23/2021 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
The Sr. Counsel IP will be an experienced patent attorney responsible for various internal and partnered large molecule biologics projects. The Sr. Counsel IP will advise on a wide range of IP matters, including patent preparation and prosecution, worldwide portfolio management, global IP strategy, patentability, and freedom-to-operate analyses. The position will report directly to the IP Therapeutic Area Head for Oncology.
- Represent IP by establishing rapport and positive working relationships with project/program teams by acting as their advisor on a variety of IP related issues including publication reviews, IP agreement negotiation and support, and other IP issues that arise in usual course of business
- Develop and implement strategies to protect the Company’s intellectual property assets (including research findings, development candidates and other related subject matter)
- Prepare and prosecute worldwide patent applications and conduct patentability and freedom to operate assessments for discovery, development, and commercial related activities
- Participate or assist with IP due diligence and IP agreement review/negotiation for Takeda’s investment, M&A, and partnering activities
- Directly and/or indirectly manage legal resources to complete projects in a timely and high-quality manner
- Contribute to the development of consistent policies/procedures for IP Therapeutic Area, Regional or Global Functional Groups
- Identify training needs within the organization and assist in the development and presentation of training materials on relevant IP laws and related business issues
- Develop and continually expands a thorough understanding of the Company’s current and planned business activities, products, competitors, and markets and keep abreast of developing legal trends, laws, and regulations
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Experience in handling complex biologics IP matters including therapeutic biological molecules (e.g., antibodies, fusion proteins, peptides and nucleic acids), biologic platform activities (e.g., antibody discovery and optimization, antibody formats/reformatting), and biologics CMC activities
- 6-10 years of experience practicing intellectual property law (law firm and/or in-house), preferably 3 years of in-house experience
- Mature and professional demeanor with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate complex issues clearly and succinctly
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Strong organizational skills, including careful attention to detail and ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments and maintain strict deadlines through effective time management
- Experience or familiarity with oncology, GI or neuroscience fields would be a plus
- Experience in IPRs and/or opposition proceedings would be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related scientific degree.
- Ph.D. in biology or related science field preferred.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Registration before a state bar
- Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel will be required.
- Requires approximately 10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
This job posting excludes CO applicants