Senior Director, Business Operations for Data Governance and Access応募後で応募 求人ID R0064112 掲載日 04/13/2022 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Senior Director, Business Operations for Data Governance and Access where our Data Engineering, Governance and Architecture Office is driving innovation and harnessing the insight of data and digital across R&D to speed the development of highly innovative treatments to patients. This team of data scientists and business experts (from analytics and automation to data governance and quality) is bringing their expertise to our global program teams and re-imagining how R&D uses data more broadly and with transparency in use and responsibility. Here, you will work to develop and ensure execution of R&D governance activities that are transformational in speed, re-use, and business value of data across DSI, R&D, and Takeda technical and data partners. You will also develop and execute implementations of technical and operation priorities to accelerate the visibility, awareness, responsible use, and value of data for all of R&D. Operating at the intersection of data technology and life science, you will ensure that data governance projects, milestones and processes are achieved in a timely manner. You will lead, understand, and adapt to new opportunities, unforeseen challenges, and transformative computer science approaches to how data can be made more accessible for broader use while providing clear alignment with data governance drivers. You will also drive planning and operations across the team to increase impact, focus, and usability of data that through easier access based on user qualifications and data restrictions. As part of the Data Services and Content Delivery team, you will report to the Head of Data Services and Content Delivery and align Data Governance with architecture, data science services, and related business functions across R&D and enterprise partners through data, reusable services, and consistency in access.
How you will contribute:
- Lead the operations of the R&D Data Governance and Access Office with regard to planning, execution, operations, strategy, and resources.
- Serve as a thought partner to the Head of Data Services and Content Delivery through proposing and championing improvements to operating models internally and across R&D data governance and data services activities.
- Responsible for budget and resourcing planning and execution milestones to ensure optimal operating environment.
- Monitor activities and progress, ensure awareness and alignment across technical and business processes.
- Work across R&D and supporting business functions to create transparency and consistency of data-related standards, processes, and strategies.
- Oversee communication planning with internal and external stakeholders; partner with broader communications teams to ensure alignment and tactical execution.
- Contribute to creating and communicating culture and values which attract, retain, and develop the most effective people.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Takeda SOPs, local and international regulations, and industry best-practice.
- Guide project teams internally and across organization boundaries.
- PhD (or equivalent) with approximately 12 years experience or MS with approximately 15 years experience. MBA is a plus.
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with significant direct exposure to clinical development or research.
- Demonstrated experience in data literacy and implementation of technologies and tools for data access, analysis, visualization, and decision making.
- Significant experience in pharmaceutical industry and/or clinical research, biotech or related industries or related field, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change and delivering on programs with complex business deliverables.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Takeda U.S. Vaccine Requirement:
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, absent an approved religious or medical reason. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. If you are contacted by a Takeda recruiter about your job application, we encourage you to seek more information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function to which you have applied.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.