Senior Director, Ethics & Compliance Advisory-Global R&D応募 後で応募 求人ID R0008124 掲載日 04/08/2019 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Director, Ethics & Compliance Advisory - Global R&D in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Director, Ethics & Compliance Advisory-Global R&D working on the R&D and Vaccines Business Unit, Ethics & Compliance team, you will be empowered to being a forward-thinking leader in risk identification and mitigation. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission. . A typical day will include:
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by ensuring
- Ethical behavior plays a fundamental role in risk mitigation
- Being a forward-thinking leader in risk identification and mitigation
- Building a modern function supporting achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs, it is close to the market, and encourages ethical behavior in line with Takeda’s values. By working in an agile manner E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage our risks.
E&C commits to
- Act as role model for Takeda's values, ethics and values-based decision making, fostering this mindset in clients, partners and team
- Enable the organization to take decisions which are ethical and in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
- Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in Global R&D Business Unit to embed ethics and compliance as part of the way everyone works at Takeda
Reporting to the Global Head of E&C for Global R&D and Vaccines Business Unit, this leader will have the following:
- Partner with the R&D leadership to champion and shape the organizational mindset around the Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business model to embed ethical decision-making principles.
- Ensure understanding of overall R&D strategy, business model, pipeline for efficient support
- Provide strategic advisory to R&D including external partnership, engagement, & clinical development activities.
- Ensure consistency in strategic advisory and represent R&D Advisory roles in R&D and/or Global E&C initiatives as appropriate
- Identify and evaluate emerging industry trends and laws/regulations & communicate potential impact to R&D accordingly
- Partner with R&D E&C Operations to develop and carry out monitoring & risk assessment strategy
- Provide input into global E&C Policies/SOPs, initiatives or programs as relevant & interface with other E&C teams for R&D support
- Learning Agility, curiosity mindset, proactive, & self-motivated & effective in a matrixed organization & stakeholder engagement
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to lead change and develop staff
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex ambiguous situations: ability to develop & apply pragmatic solutions
- Demonstrated strong project and program management skills
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects and initiative
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects or initiatives with competing priorities
EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- At least 12 years of legal, compliance or R&D experience, of which at least 6 years in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry with R&D experience strongly desired
- Bachelor’s degree; JD or relevant advanced degree preferred
- Extensive leadership role in matrix organization
- People management experience highly desired
- Good knowledge of and experience with laws, regulations and industry guidance that affect the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in aligning potential, present and future compliance risks related to the business, including risk identification, controls & risk mitigation of potential non-compliance
- Strong business acumen and ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.