Senior Scientist I, Immuno-Oncology応募 Job ID R0001092 Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States;
Takeda’s Immuno-Oncology team is seeking a highly-motivated immunologist to lead preclinical projects from inception through clinical development as well as contribute by designing, executing, and analyzing experiments. Our new team member will have the opportunity to contribute to novel and differentiated therapeutic approaches by both driving internal projects as well as working with external partners. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of Immuno-oncology, a field that is bringing revolutionary treatments to oncology patients.
- Lead a preclinical project from inception through clinical development
- Supervise the research of associate scientists and mentor colleagues less familiar with immunology
- Impact highly-matrixed and diverse teams using clear communication and collaborative spirit to drive complex projects
- Work independently to propose, design, execute, troubleshoot, analyze, and present experiments
- Establish in vitro assays for the evaluation of T cells, dendritic cells, macrophages, and other immune cells
- Execute in vitro experiments investigating immune cell differentiation, characterization, cytokine production, proliferation, and cytolytic activity
- Isolate and culture primary immune cells from human PBMCs and murine spleen, lymph node, and tumor
- Design and perform multi-parameter flow cytometry experiments to phenotype primary human and murine immune cells
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets (RNA expression, proteomics, cytokine analysis, multi-parameter flow cytometry)
- Work closely with in vivo pharmacology colleagues to evaluate test molecules in syngeneic murine tumor models
- Collaborate with colleagues in Translational Sciences, Safety, and Clinical Development to optimize transition to the clinic including generation of toxicology plan, pharmacodynamic markers, biomarkers, and patient selection criteria
- Interact with external partners to build and prioritize work plans
- Propose novel projects based on internal results, external partners, and published reports
- Strive to improve internal processes through participation of administrative efforts and proactively propose innovative solutions to improve communication and decision-making
- Spend 70% time in the laboratory, including hands on mentoring of scientists
- Presents research findings clearly and effectively at internal and external meetings and with participants of all levels of the organization
- Maintain familiarity with the current scientific literature in the Immunotherapy field, contribute to new target ideas and concepts
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely data entry into laboratory notebooks
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Immunology with 5+ years of post-graduate experience
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals demonstrating expertise and achievements in the Immunology field
- Experience working with primary human cells and tissues
- Experience working with syngeneic mouse models in the context of immune or cancer biology, including hands-on experience with ex vivo isolation and manipulation of various immune cell subsets from mouse tissues
- Experience carrying out T cell functional assays, including evaluating responses to specific antigens
- Experience culturing and manipulating primary innate immunocytes (macrophages, dendritic cells)
- Hands-on experience and ability to work independently carrying out FACS analysis with cytometers such as LSRII, FACS CANTO, and FACS ARIA II/III
- Proficiency in molecular/immunological assays such as ELISA/Luminex, qRT-PCR and TR-FRET
- Good communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast paced “biotech like” environment
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs.
- Working in a lab environment: standing, walking, bending, etc.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 0-5% travel.