*Summer Intern, Computational Biology/Genomics応募 後で応募 求人ID R0014373 掲載日 11/14/2019 Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
The internship involves working on big genomic data and focusing on analysis and interpretation of omics data for the development of cancer therapeutics. The intern will assist scientists in ingesting both public and proprietary data, performing analysis and gaining insights into the furtherance of oncology drug discovery. The candidate will work closely with a scientist to apply practical aspects of bioinformatics and computational biology. This individual will interact closely with other scientists in the Oncology Translational Genomics Team, and will leverage standard computational methods to provide scientific insights. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dedicated team of scientists to provide innovative cancer therapies to patients across our pipeline of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics.
- Applies computational methods to visualize and interpret genomic data.
- Prepares and presents technical or project reports to internal audiences.
- Collaborates closely with a broad group of scientists
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants should be highly motivated with a keen interest in computational biology.
- Have fluency in at least one programming language (e.g., R, Python, Perl, Java, C / C++) and some experience working with Unix.
- Be familiar with distributed computing, database (e.g., SQL) and have some experience with cloud computing (ideally Amazon Web Services).
- Is organized, detail oriented, and wiling to learn new techniques.
- For Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred
- None required
- Manual dexterity required to operate office and lab equipment
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting
- None required
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)