Data Engineer - Prototyping - DAB応募後で応募 求人ID R0020752 掲載日 06/17/2020 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Data Engineer (Prototyping)
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Data Engineer in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
The Digital Advisory Board programs aim to ensure our growing data is easily accessible to everyone so we can help our patients and HCPs faster and more effectively.
As disruptive technology changes the face of healthcare industry, Takeda will have a new role to play. We are taking a giant step forward to shape a new breed of organization. A future-ready organization that shape shifts as the world changes. We have embarked on a visionary journey to become a truly Living Business. A digital and data-driven organization with agile capabilities to respond quickly to new technology opportunities and changing customer expectations.
While others react to changing dynamics and disruption by building barriers around their digital solutions and patients, we understand that the global healthcare transformation can only be successful when we enter a new era of trust and collaboration by exchanging data, insights and knowledge..
We will explore new ways of working across Takeda. We will introduce agile capabilities and culture driving more intentional collaboration, innovation and partnerships across geographies and business units.
- Oversees and drives the hand-on execution of new data solutions, while rapidly standing-up new technical platforms and collaborating with architects, engineers, and data business partners
- Leads a multidisciplinary agile team to build high quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions
- Develops solutions that generate insights from connected data, enabling to advance the data-driven decision-making capabilities
- Lead, design, develop, and optimize data architecture and pipelines that adhere to enterprise architecture principles and business goals
- Solve complex data problems to deliver insights that help our business to achieve their goals
- Rapidly stand-up new data solutions and technical platforms within a complex enterprise organization
- Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and processes for analytic data engineering in order to grow and shape the future of analytics in the organization
- Work within the prototyping group on data aggregation from vendors, Fire API’s, bioinformation from patient platforms, donor initiatives, and other internal and external data sources
- Expertise in navigating through an AWS cloud environment
- Design and stand-up sandbox independently while staying compliant with enterprise architecture
- Utilize previous and ongoing knowledge of machine learning, data science, computer vision, and/or artificial intelligence to determine best possible product solutions within a Agile prototyping environment
- Act as the thought leader in rapidly standing-up new capabilities within an enterprise setting
- Develop and deliver communication and education plans on analytic data engineering capabilities, standards, and processes
- Partner with technical engineering teams, leads, and solutions architects to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives
- Advise, consult, mentor and coach other data and analytic professionals on data standards and practices
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of experience working in data engineering or architecture role in an enterprise environment
- Proven architecture and design of new data platforms and solutions within a rapid prototyping environment
- Prior experience leading Data Engineering projects and teams at an Enterprise level is required
- Expertise in SQL and data analysis and experience with at least one programming language such as Python or Scala
- Experience developing and maintaining data warehouses in big data solutions
- Experience with developing solutions on cloud computing services and infrastructure in the data and analytics space
- 10+ years of Database development experience using Hadoop or BigQuery and experience with a variety of relational, NoSQL, and cloud database technologies
- Conceptual knowledge of data and analytics, such as dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data.
- Big Data Development experience using Databricks, Hive, Spark and Kafka
- Experience with AWS and cloud native required
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics
- Expertise in Agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and experimentation