Director, Global Program Management - Neuroscience TA - drug development experience required応募 後で応募 求人ID R0008329 掲載日 04/11/2019 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Global Program Management, Neuroscience Therapeutic Area Unit in our Cambridge, MA office.
Provides global program management and matrixed leadership to global, cross-functional, cross-divisional teams to drive development and deliver results in early to late-phase pipeline or marketed assets.
· Responsibilities include providing strategic direction and translating the cross-divisional, integrated Global Product Team (GPT) strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives; driving clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, proactive management and mitigation of development risks, and ensuring appropriate communication and interface with internal governance.
· Works closely with the Global Program Leader (GPL), as well as other Chief Medical Scientific Office (CMSO) and Commercial functions to ensure that the scientific and commercial strategies are incorporated into the asset strategy and integrated development plan.
· May lead key initiatives that have cross-functional or cross-divisional impact that are critical to the objectives of the Therapeutic Area Unit (TAU), CMSO and/or global business objectives.
· Identifies and drives innovative process improvements with significant organizational impact and manages, as needed, non-project responsibilities, which can include processes and system optimizations.
· May have direct people management responsibilities.
· Partners with GPL to lead GPT or joint Program Team (for partnered Alliance programs) to develop and maintain the asset strategy and integrated development plan in conjunction with TAU and commercial strategy, lifecycle management requirements, and evidence generation/publication needs.
· Proactively identifies resource requirements necessary to progress asset development in alignment with TAU or enterprise business objectives.
· Drives clarity with GPT and other relevant stakeholders to communicate asset strategic imperatives to ensure appropriate prioritization.
· Identifies ways to optimize program execution without compromise to patients or compliance.
· Accountable to maintain the integrated program level plan, ensuring delivery of critical path activities to progress asset development.
Program Operational Excellence
· Ensures asset strategy and integrated development plan have a patient-centric focus,
incorporates innovative approaches that are meaningful to patients, HCPs, regulators & payers, and adhere to the highest standards of operational excellence in drug development and life cycle management.
· Manages the strategic GPT forum to ensure progress of asset development. This includes establishing meeting agendas, facilitating team discussions, and driving to clear and timely team actions and decisions.
· Partners with the GPL to provide financial oversight of the program including global, cross-divisional budgets. Includes consolidation, vetting and prioritization of GPT spending to deliver critical path activities.
· Proactively addresses and removes barriers to program progress, keeping leadership informed of critical considerations (e.g., resources, performance).
· Proactively identify potential issues or obstacles and achieves resolution or plans contingencies. Follow issues through to resolution ensuring that all key stakeholders are informed of outcomes and program implications.
· Provides clarity and direction in urgent or unexpected situations. Independently resolves complex issues and competing priorities that may impact achievement of goals, creates mitigation plans and drives to resolution.
Communication and Reporting
· Manages scheduled and ad-hoc program status reporting, citing progress to program goals/KPIs, proactively identifying risk with planned mitigation(s), and providing rationale for timeline and budget variances.
· Participate in annual portfolio analyses to communicate program development progress, opportunities, and risks to Senior & Executive Management.
· Responsible for leading preparation efforts for governance engagement to support and drive asset objectives and deliverables.
· Facilitates relevant communications to appropriate cross-regional, cross-functional, cross-divisional and Alliance partners
· Provides direction and mentors junior colleagues to work strategically and drive results; identifies opportunities for junior PMs to demonstrate their abilities; uses effective coaching techniques to refocus energy and address barriers to success; leads by example
· May have responsibility for line management of Associate Director and/or Senior Manager level GPMs as well as contractors within the GPM function
· May support Business Development in-licensing activities to ensure appropriate technical assessment, including development costs and timelines, to support the business case of potential in-licensed compounds.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree science or business-related field
· Advanced degree in science or business is preferred
· 10+ years of in-depth pharmaceutical industry experience and drug development in all phases of development with significant experience within related functions (e.g. Clinical Science, Clinical Operations, Research, Regulatory, CMC, Marketing)
· 6 to 8 years program management experience leading complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment
· Demonstrated ability to positively influence outcomes, key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving
· Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively to all levels of the organization including executive management
· Substantial experience in intercultural cooperation
· Modest people management experience
Knowledge and Skills
· Matrix program leadership and management skills are required
· Thorough knowledge of Therapeutic Area preferable but not required
· Ability to influence and negotiate in a matrix environment to optimize development and address barriers
· Proactive risk management with ability to propose solutions and deliver appropriate mitigation plan
· Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with impact to provide appropriate context, articulate views, drive clarity, and address barriers to progress program development
· Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
· Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to best manage change and differing opinions
· Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, TelePresence, telephone and video conferencing, etc.)
· Ability to inspire and motivate in a matrix and global, cross-geographical team
· Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, environment
· Excellent organizational skills
· A solid business background as well as excellent commercial understanding
· Highly effective presentation skills
· Experience with Microsoft Project Professional, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
· Fluent in English
· Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
· May travel to the US, EU and Japan offices and other international locations.
· Approximately 10% travel is required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.