Director, Oncology Pipeline Communications応募後で応募 求人ID R0021845 掲載日 07/30/2020 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
As a member of Takeda Oncology, your work will contribute to our bold, inspiring vision: We aspire to cure cancer. Here, you’ll build a career grounded in purpose and be empowered to deliver your best.
- Elevate awareness about Takeda’s innovative oncology pipeline and investigational assets, including an “off-the-shelf” cell therapy, multiple differentiated immuno-oncology platforms, and a robust early pipeline
- Differentiate the Takeda Oncology approach to cancer research among external and internal stakeholders by driving strategy and execution of global communications initiatives
- Create and implement an editorial strategy for our oncology pipeline and late-stage assets to be deployed across a variety of channels including print, digital platforms and social media
- Provide strategic communications guidance to GOBU and oncology therapeutic area unit (OTAU) leaders on key external pipeline related opportunities and issues, including ongoing coaching on media engagement
- Partner closely with global and US corporate external communications teams, R&D Communications, and external communications leads for other relevant Takeda BUs and functions to convey a consistent external narrative with aligned views for major milestones or issues
- Develops, plans and supports execution of a comprehensive global oncology external communications strategy, including development and oversight of initiatives that leverage core external communication channels or embrace new channels to reach target audiences
- Lead communications for oncology cell therapy program, including TAK-007. Represent communications on TAK-007 Global Brand Team.
- Drive development of a scientific oncology pipeline narrative, in alignment with our Corporate, R&D, and GOBU Narrative.
- Responsibile for fostering a ONE ONCOLOGY mind set among Commerical and R&D organizations through internal communications and employee engagement activities
- Drive and manage various oncology communications projects and activities for both internal and external communications as required in support of the wider communications team and its strategic plan.
- Manage and partner with matrix teams; including R&D, Corporate Communications, investor relations and other relevant Takeda Business Units to convey a consistent narrative with aligned views for major milestones or issues.
- Act as a trusted advisor to Oncology executives.
- Act as company spokesperson, as appropriate.
- Ensure all communications comply with Takeda operating procedures and relevant industry regulations.
- Implement measurement tools and analytics to determine effectiveness of communications programs and initiatives.
- Appropriately manages budgets and agency partners.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and communications channels, including new trends and platforms
- Competency in strategic external engagement strategies, including national and international media relations and community engagement
- Understanding of global regulatory requirements as they apply to external communications programming
- Can quickly grasp complex issues and topics and articulate them simply and persuasively to enable broad understanding and engagement
- Proven skills as an effective collaborator who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company, able to effectively convey ideas verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Ability to identify potential challenges and opportunities and make recommendations
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Ability to think quickly to prepare and align on media issues employing positioning consistent with Takeda’s values
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple stakeholders to drive solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to enable flawless execution
- Embraces a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors
- Ability to work across teams in multiple geographies and with competing priorities to ensure one aligned voice to external stakeholders
- Builds and leverages internal network to enable alignment and effective execution
- Recognizes important connections and brings in key stakeholders to work towards best possible solutions
- Forward thinking with the ability to influence and change how Oncology communicates and collaborates through optimal use of channels
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions or use of novel channels to reach target media and shape external narrative
- Ability to identify areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team
- Ability to work in a global and highly matrixed organization, with a high degree of complexity, displaying strong judgment
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree – BS/BA; Majors in Journalism, Communications or public policy/public affairs preferred.
- Minimum of 12-15 years of professional experience required at a corporation or consultancy with expertise in corporate communications, preferably within the healthcare environment
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, preferably with companies working across geographies
- Expert in media relations at local/national/global level, including proactive campaigns and issues management, with demonstrated media relationships
- Experienced in partnering with investor relations; solid understand of corporate governance
- Strategic business partner with the ability to translate business information as well as R&D processes/activities into language that employees and customers can understand
- Creative and strategic thinker who can problem solve and deliver solutions using strong judgment, able to make decisions in a timely fashion and escalate when required
- Dynamic, team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills who reflects Takeda and its values
- Strong ability to convene teams, align voices and influence without authority to achieve priority team objectives
- Confident counsellor to executive leadership, comfortable in providing training and guidance on external engagement strategies
- Self-starter who can work under pressure with conflicting priorities and work to tight deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Critical skillsets: presentation skills, crisp verbal and written communications, expert project management abilities, strategic planning and results oriented
- Maintains absolute confidentiality
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.