Global Category Manager, Biologics, U.S.応募後で応募 求人ID R0029784 掲載日 06/15/2021 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Global Category Manager Biologics, US in our Greater Boston office.
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
The Global Category Manager (GCM) plans and leads category initiatives for the Biologics US region focusing on Drug Substance (DS), Drug Product (DP) and Packaging with a total spend value of more than USD 425 MM.
The GCM is focused on delivering according to Global Manufacturing and Supply’s (GMS) Value Proposition.
Shape the overall strategy for contract manufacturing and provide advisory counsel (i.e. in or out-source) in order to deliver sustainable, high-end supplier performance.
Leverage Takeda’s global scale to take advantage of global, functional, and/or category synergies, while applying best practices, managing risk, and making sound decisions with agility at a regional, and local level.
Develop strong horizontal alignment with Regional Heads of Real Estate, Facilities and Procurement, Procurement Center of Excellence (CoE), and leaders and peers in the Business Units and Global Functions.
- Cultivate relationships with Biologics US, specifically the Head of Biologics US and the Quality Head for Biologics US, and their organizations. Serve as the primary point of contact for Contract Manufacturing within the Biologics US DS, DP and Packaging areas.
- Develop, lead and implement a contract manufacturing procurement strategy for Biologics US DS, DP, and Packaging that is aligned with the enterprise contract manufacturing strategy. Accountable for playing an integral role to key stakeholders on category specific procurement strategies, tactics, and practices.
- Design and implement sub-category strategies in close collaboration with GMS/GQ and other stakeholders.
- Ensure category strategies are in-line with regional, local and Procurement COE needs. Implement integration-related synergy capture programs i.e. supplier consolidation within category.
- Steward of the global procurement policy and ensure adherence within the category. Establish communication channels to ensure internal alignment.
- Drive strategic supplier management within the category. Deliver expected results such as achieving a targeted number of top suppliers, holding quarterly reviews, synthesizing and managing to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ultimately improving overall supplier value and performance.
- Collate supplier, market, category and internal business data and information for the sub-categories in scope and provide in-depth input and validation to the global Category Strategy, including facilitating involvement of senior stakeholders.
- Oversee execution of routine business processes (vendor evaluation, issue resolution, supplier performance management, or contract negotiations). Lead RFP creation and negotiate competitive pricing and contract terms. Engage in an active partnership with Takeda Business Services (TBS) to deliver procurement operations and collaborate on the design and fine-tuning key processes such as Procure-To-Pay.
- Implement Procurement COE-led strategic supplier management, supplier risk management, supplier diversity, and CSR programs within category while adhering to the CMO segmentation model.
- Achieve spend, savings, cash flow, e-Invoicing, and payment targets and KPIs within category and sub-categories.
- Ensure continuous improvement within the category. Monitor industry best practices. Introduce and leverage digital, automation, and contemporary technology e.g. AI, big data and work with Takeda Business Services (TBS) Procurement Operations to implement.
- Primary business partner for direct category and subcategory owners to ensure practices are aligned and agreed upon supplier outcomes achieved.
- Create a culture of compliance internally and externally where everyone Lives Our Values Every Day (LOVED) and abides by Takeda’s Global Code of Conduct and Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Provide oversight and support the yearly standard cost budgeting process for GMS Contract Manufacturing within the Biologics US DS, DP, and Packaging region
- Co-create and deliver against the Mid Range Plan (MRP) and Mid Year Commitments, including synergy targets
- Degree level educated
- 7+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience with a solid working knowledge of category management
- 7+ years overall business experience, including working within a regulated industry
- Strong sub-category expertise and proven sourcing track-record
- Capable of managing cross functional project teams to generate material value across multiple categories
- Direct experience in managing category management projects and development of sourcing strategies
- Proven Financial and Business Acumen (e.g. TCO, TEI, NPV & Cost Modeling)
- Outstanding communication and project management capabilities
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Change management and process improvement skills with direct experience in delivering business process change
- Strategic thinker with solid facilitation ability supported by excellent interpersonal competencies (communication, leadership, influencing)
- Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management
- Ability to manage effectively in a global, fluid, interactive, matrix environment
- Skilled and experienced in project and risk management
- Knowledgeable in offshore operating environments e.g. Captive, Build Operate Transfer, Managed Service, Functional & Full-Service concepts
- Expert proficiency in basic MS Office© software and other business systems (Ariba, Emptoris Mpower, SAP etc.)
- Flexibility to travel to meetings at Takeda and Supplier sites up to 20% of the time (Within EU)
- Desire to put people first and demonstrate the values of Takeda-ism
- This job posting excludes CO applicants
- In-depth knowledge of contract manufacturing
- Post graduate business-related qualification such as an MBA
- Analytical experience in positions of increasing analytical complexity, autonomy and responsibility. Demonstrated ability in organizing, analyzing and reporting complex financial data with solid grounding in basic procurement and financial processes and systems.
- International strategic sourcing / category management experience
- Pharmaceutical Industry or Management Consulting experience
Licenses / Certifications:
- Any Professional Purchasing (e.g. CIPS), Project Management, or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
- Experience with enterprise systems and procurement tools such as Ariba, SAP or Purchase Order technology is preferred