Global Pricing, Strategy, Operations & Analytics Oncology Lead応募 後で応募 求人ID R0014400 掲載日 11/13/2019 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
- The Director is responsible for developing global pricing strategies across the oncology portfolio (including OBU countries and all other countries that market oncology products), driving and supporting implementation of the strategies in local markets, working with key internal partners to ensure optimal patient access and reimbursement and serving as an expert to GPTs/GBTs on how to approach value, pricing and reimbursement across the oncology portfolio.
- The Director will serve as the manager to the Senior Manager, Pricing Operations, ensuring expert support is provided to local teams on pricing matters, and overseeing key analytics and operational activities such as design of pricing research and competitive intelligence.
- This role will partner with senior Takeda executives to promote adoption of new value- and evidence-based pricing approaches. Leaders of GPVPA as well as organizations such as the Takeda Oncology’s Pricing and Innovation Working Groups, Value Frameworks Core Team, and the US and Global Pricing Committees will rely on the Director’s expertise and recommendations.
- This role will build pricing excellence in oncology by fostering organizational capabilities for pricing in the Oncology Business Unit (OBU), and ensure the best-in-class systems and tools are available to support decision-making, modeling and analytics.
- Serve as the chief expert on global Oncology pricing, maintaining a high level of expertise on critical developments in the pricing environment globally and in key markets. Monitor events and situations that could inform and impact Takeda product pricing and reimbursement decisions and communicate regularly with Takeda OBU leaders on these topics
- Lead the development of models and analyses of competitor and market data to provide pricing recommendations for oncology products
- Make the case for pricing strategies to ensure the Global Oncology Leadership team (OLT) understands the importance of an aligned approach and that countries’ pricing decisions support, and do not jeopardize, global pricing
- Collaborate with GPVPA colleagues in value and access, health economics, policy and advocacy to design new and innovative approaches to pricing as part of the overall value demonstration strategy.
- Lead pricing approval processes worldwide for oncology products.
- Provide expertise to local country teams when there are particularly challenging or potentially precedent-setting pricing initiatives which need expert guidance and handling
- Establish and drive processes critical to price approvals across Oncology brands globally, including overseeing the integrity of Takeda’s Price Management System for Oncology assets
- Ramp up capabilities in pricing expertise through skills development and external outreach and involvement at the global level. Support the building of capabilities in the markets through initiatives and ongoing interactions.
- Create best-in-class infrastructure for pricing analytics by driving investment in and implementation of needed IT systems and technology training and support.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- This person is the leader and expert in Oncology Pricing globally
- This role will be critical on the journey to tranform Takeda OBU’s approach from transactional pricing to more strategic and value- and evidence-based models
- The opportunity and challenge for this role is to drive innovative pricing arrangements while also delivering on commercial business objectives
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding of the current and emerging global pricing environment in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Solid understanding of health economics and health technology assessment (HTA) principles.
- Strong analytical skills to oversee analyses that will support pricing decisions across Takeda’s Oncology portfolio
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with external stakeholders such as government officials, patients/consumers, providers, etc.
- Skill in engagingwith executive leaders on pricing issues, building and managing relationships with key internal stakeholders, and influence decisions at the most senior levels
- Takeda Oncology seeks a proactive and action-oriented individual who is a passionate champion for innovation in medicines and who has a strong desire to learn, grow and contribute to the value, access and innovation challenges we face today. This person must be a role model of Takeda-ism.
- Ability to manage direct and influence indirect reports
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Ability to interact in a simple structured manner with internal stakeholders to enable team alignment in the development and implementation of pricing operations activities
- Skill in leading change management-related to pricing processes within the Oncology Business Unit and regional / local patient access teams
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Seasoned judgment about complex business issues with a view toward what is in the best interest of the company
- Ability to make decisions in a highly complex environment with significant business impact
- Willingness to seek diverse input from multiple constituents to improve upon solutions
- Competence in incorporating feedback to allow swift decision-making
- Accountability for designing and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Responsibility for managing team members to success
- Foster solutions-oriented thinking by encouraging a culture of performance, accountability, simplicity, empowerment, external orientation and curiosity.
- Navigates the changing external and internal US and global environment and lead others through change by creating an inspiring and engaging workplace
- Negotiate and collaborate with internal and external business partners and demonstrate the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Build strong partnerships with other interfacing Takeda functions.
- Drive specific initiatives to advance and achieve corporate business imperatives
- Forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks creating and implementing innovative solutions to business issues that don’t fit the current system
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced/graduate degree preferred (PhD, MPH, MPP, MBA, other)
- Minimum 10-12 years’ experience in healthcare or biopharmaceuticals industry, with experience in oncology / hematology preferred
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in pricing, health policy, public health, health economics, international affairs showcasing increasing responsibility and experience in the same or similar roles; local affiliate experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of global healthcare pricing principles, as well experience in health economics, market access, knowledge of key markets’ reimbursement methods, and oncology market dynamics
- Experience working in a global environment, managing initiatives for multiple markets simultaneously and prioritizing effectively
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs, policies and initiatives with complex business deliverables
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of one or more pricing and reimbursement systems in key Takeda markets
- Expert knowledge of pricing analytics, model development, competitive intelligence and related technology
- Can travel domestically and internationally approximately 30% of the time.
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.