Head of GI Immunology External Innovation and Product Science応募後で応募 求人ID R0020719 掲載日 06/30/2020 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as Head of GI Immunology External Innovation and Product Science on our GI DDU team in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- This new and unique role supports a critical objective to drive new innovative immunology science into the GI discovery pipeline in support of the evolution of the GI Inflammation portfolio strategy in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), celiac disease and other areas of interest.
- To lead the scientific assessment of, and drive decision-making on, investments in external GI inflammation opportunities to add distinctive and innovative pipeline partnerships
- To provide outstanding scientific leadership, direction and support to global GI inflammation product teams (including Entyvio) in line with their medical and scientific strategies.
- To support the GI inflammation portfolio from new target ID through early clinical development with mechanistic insights and recommendations
- A member of the GI Drug Discovery Unit Leadership Team
- Working with the GI Inflammation Portfolio Leader and other key stakeholders, develop an innovative GI Immunology partnership strategy to evolve the GI research portfolio in IBD, celiac disease and other areas of interest via innovative research collaborations
- The leader of GI DDU scientific teams, as part of the broader diligence team, during search & evaluation of external immunology/GI inflammation program opportunities, from initial triage through governance
- Accountable for timely and thorough diligence leading to scientific Go/NoGo decisions on BD opportunities
- Coach and support teams in diligence to quickly resolve issues and focus on key decision driving criteria
- Lead GI Inflammation research teams in business development presentations at governance meetings.
- As the GI DDU research representative on the Entyvio Global Program Team, responsible for scientific support for research studies, mechanistic understanding, disease area evolution and competitive landscape understanding.
- Develop and implement research studies for Entyvio, setting budgets and plans with the GPT
- Represent the Entyvio GPT as the scientific expert in external discussions with investigators, researchers and with senior internal stakeholders
- Develop new scientific insights and communications to ensure optimal understanding of the scientific basis for safety and efficacy of Takeda’s marketed and clinical development stage programs in IBD and celiac disease.
- Mentor GI discovery researchers as representatives on immunology Global Project Teams, including the Entyvio and Alofisel Global Program Teams and on clinical stage programs in IBD and celiac disease
- As an immunology subject matter expert, collaborate closely with GI Inflammation Portfolio Leader and GI translational medicine and research teams to enhance translational and mechanistic understanding of research programs in IBD, celiac disease and other areas of interest from early project stages through early clinical development
- Provides nuanced and well-informed advice to senior stakeholders about the GI Immunology therapeutic landscape, providing direction on where the science will lead.
- As a member of the GI DDU Leadership Team, help to shape GI DDU strategy and portfolio prioritization
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Focused on the immunology research area, this unique role drives our GI Inflammation portfolio development by combining external opportunity assessment, aligned with a strong strategic understanding of the internal portfolio.
- Makes key contribution to the portfolio by leading full time scientific diligence teams as needed on external opportunity diligence in partnership with BD colleagues
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry (e.g., clinical development, the prescription drug distribution process, etc)
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Functional level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Demonstrates leadership presence and confidence
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Builds teams across functions and geographies with individuals who have the right skills and experience to deliver on key organizational initiatives.
- Invests time in helping others to enhance their skills and perform at a higher level
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Decision making responsibilities:
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact the functional area
- Accountable for decision making for designated function
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for providing input to and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and external partners, in the industry and area of expertise.
- Effectively represents function in negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions
- Forward thinking with the ability to recommend, influence and implement organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Role models respect and inclusion, creating a culture that fosters innovation
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Deep expertise required
- Ability to see and understand broader, enterprise level perspective
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 15+ years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry including substantial experience in relevant research field and functional roles
- PhD or MD/PhD in relevant field and a demonstrable keen scientific acumen for GI inflammation research
- Deep immunology expertise and thorough knowledge of IBD therapeutic area landscape and its underlying science
- Understands the challenges in developing new therapies in rapidly evolving medical landscape in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), celiac disease and other GI immunology areas of interest.
- Proven ability to identify and understand innovative opportunities in GI Immunology and assess their potential
- Capable of organizing and executing rapid & accurate scientific diligences via line and matrix team approaches
- Highly collaborative in style with peers and cross-functional stakeholders whilst maintaining focus on project objective.
- Strong communication skills with experience managing complex scientific partnerships working through matrix team models.
- Strongly competent in scientific communication, articulating conclusions succinctly with clear and credible rationale in both business development and product science settings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required
- Previous experience leading a medium to large organization and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders is an advantage
- Experience of leading and driving business process transformation is an advantage
- Proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and excellent attention to detail
- Healthcare business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Travel Requirements: 25-30% (in and outside US) expected to reach partnership network
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please