Head of Global Development Office Strategy & Ops応募後で応募 求人ID R0021368 掲載日 07/10/2020 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as Head of Global Development Office Strategy and Operations in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Develops and ensures execution of GDO strategic plans, projects and commitments which drive operational efficiencies and connectivity across R&D and the broader Takeda organization.
- Develops and executes analytical and tactical strategies to ensure business projects, milestones and policies are completed in a timely manner. Provides direction, solves problems, mediates disputes amongst the organization to ensure alignment and overall direction.
- Drives organizational planning and implementation activities across GDO to increase interdepartmental efficiencies related to budget and resources; supports departments within GDO as appropriate.
- Plans GDO LT meetings in line with strategic agenda and ensures the rhythm of business within GDO is in-step with the rest of the organization, particularly around key goals and governance/portfolio reviews
- Align GDO implementation strategies and plans with other functions within R&D and other key divisional or corporate initiatives. Responsible for KPI and FY goals- management, and internal and external functional communications.
- Leads on establishing GDO culture and brand
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the Head of GDO, and direct reports, with regard to problems, current and future initiatives, strategies, project management and budgets. Looks across GDO functions to identify synergies and interdependencies to ensure optimal working model across all sites/functions.
- Monitor progress toward GDO KPIs, intervening as necessary to ensure that the organization is on track to meet or exceed its performance targets. Provides insight in evaluating overall GDO performance over time and for future planning.
- Facilitates GDO Leadership Team meetings, giving input to key strategic, portfolio, human capital and financial decisions.
- Lead GDO budget and resourcing activities with Finance to ensure optimal operating environment; this includes coordination of the funding for GDO initiatives globally.
- Monitor activities/reviews in other parts of R&D and ensure awareness alignment across functional lines within GDO
- Helps establish broader GDO community with other key functions and departments, driving an agenda of collaboration
- Lead and/or guide key non-project, GDO initiatives including development of work plans, budgets, risk mitigation and support strategies.
- Contribute to creating and communicating an employment culture and values which attract, retain, and develop the most effective people.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Takeda SOPs, local and international regulations, and industry best-practice.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
Holistic responsibility for driving the Global Development Office forward, as “Chief of Staff” to Head of Development Office and balance of both long-term strategic vision and operational execution support.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and deep expertise in clinical drug development
- Good understanding of communications, operations, legal, IP, finance, accounting, tax, HR, compliance, facilities management, EH&S, with the ability to traverse these varied disciplines and develop effective and cohesive strategic and operational solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Executive leadership presence and confidence
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Ability to develop a Global Workforce and Talent strategy
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterprise
- Accountable for decision making for designated function
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for designing and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
Interaction (The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
Ability to effectively implement R&D’s partnership strategy
Effectively represent Takeda in high-level negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions..
Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
Breadth of knowledge required across therapeutic areas, indications, and/or modalities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Minimum BS/BA degree with MS/MBA preferred
12 + years of relevant business experience required; Pharmaceutical experience preferred
8+ years experience project management and leadership experience
Proactive, resourceful, self-motivated, and should possess exemplary interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels in the organization.
Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with significant direct exposure to clinical development
Senior management experience in pharmaceutical industry and/or clinical research, biotech or related industries or related field, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
• 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
• Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
• Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
• Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
• Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please