Head of Pharmacology & Translational Sciences Capabilities & Products, Scientific Informatics応募後で応募 求人ID R0021356 掲載日 07/10/2020 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the Head of the Pharmacology & Translational Sciences Capabilities & Products team in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As part of Scientific Informatics, the Pharmacology & Translational Sciences team has a mission to develop strategy and design & implement systems, tools and products using the latest technologies to accelerate Takeda's drug discovery research and achieve a higher quality of Life for patients. As the head of the team you will manage the development of technologies to aid research scientists in the fields of Pharmacology and Translational Science in bringing new medicines to the market. In this role you will work closely with other leaders in Scientific Informatics on the technology strategy for Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences and collaborate with Scientists, Product Engineers and Product Designers on an ecosystem of the latest technology products, platforms, analytics, and microservices to keep Takeda at the leading edge of drug discovery research.
As a Head of a Team you will report to the Global Head of Scientific Informatics and sit on the Scientific Informatics leadership team, helping to develop the overall technology strategy for the scientific functions at Takeda. You will be empowered to accelerate the speed of drug discovery research and improve the probability of success using the latest technology by parsing vast amounts of data. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission to achieve a higher quality of life for patients.
- Provides leadership to the Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences stakeholders and IT to deliver on business opportunities and outcomes and, to drive continuous delivery of value using a deep understanding of R&D processes and agile IT life cycle management from product prototyping, development, optimization and renewal to termination.
- Oversee the development of multiple product strategies in the areas of Pharmacology and Translational Science and drive the product priority-setting of capabilities and features in response to business needs
- Proactively contribute, influence and oversee product related end-to-end R&D user experiences and influence relevant stakeholders to support, deliver, and adopt successful product releases.
- Partner with R&D stakeholders to prioritize investment and oversee the allocationof resources across the capabilitygroup for both operational and investment activities including assigning product teams to both perform agile development with fungible resources and, where appropriate, be persistent and supportive project team members.
- Build and maintain effective relationships within R&D and other IT functions to reach agreement with internal or external parties and act as a point of escalation for complex non-routine problems within the Pharmacology and Translational Sciences space.
- Manages Product and Capability Management team and associated sub-teams assigning resources to support product teams on an as needed basis.
- Influences and contributes to business stakeholders and IT on current business plans, strategies and future opportunities and developments, providing product recommendations to build a pipeline of meaningful releases.
- Determine development of a product vision, strategy and roadmap while aligning key stakeholders based capability and features needs and oversea product lifecycles from ideation to decommission.
- Use broad knowledge of IT, new and established technology developments and consult with key players to enhance products, to define products, to develop prototypes and to develop a roadmap for ongoing and new product developments.
- Lead and contribute to the development of products by using persuasion and negotiating skills to reach agreement on approach, development and implementation managing and influencing key stakeholders across business and technology, to develop and convey product visions.
- Manage the product strategy and planning fitting in long-term roadmaps and aligned with short-term release plans including the prioritization of the product backlog to keep agile teams unblocked and aligned.
- Partner with Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences stakeholders to manage analysis and gathering of demand to identify articulated and non-articulated product needs.
- Closely monitor product portfolios and business composition, gather relevant data to continuously gain new insight and adjust roadmaps, offering to optimize performance and effectiveness.
- Oversee and manage product budgets established in consultation with stakeholders by balancing resources, vision development, prototyping and sustain product teams to deliver an outstanding user experience an value to the R&D.
- Continually monitor and refine the product and lead and influence the performing service management and expert opportunities to optimize use experiences.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, computer science or business administration is preferred.
- 8 -10 years or more of relevant professional experience in pharmaceutical research or development operations, informatics or related area.
- 5+ years managing teams, experience in managing global teams remotely preferred
- Professional in-depth knowledge of design thinking, product management and agile development preferably in the pharmaceutical or other regulated industry.
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management. Influential in orchestrating key stakeholders and product teams to turn product vision into reality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, business acumen, and enterprise knowledge.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life science products.
- Proficiency in Japanese and/or German
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.