IT Training and Documentation Analyst応募 後で応募 求人ID R0015827 掲載日 01/07/2020 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an IT Training and Documentation Analyst in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an IT Training and Documentation Analyst working on the Compliance and Assurance team, you will be empowered to develop and assign and monitor training programs within Takeda training tools. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by assisting with management IT training related activities. A typical day will include:
- Assist with management IT training related activities. This role coordinates support and assists all aspects of IT employee training for IT policies, processes and SOPs
- Develop and assign and monitor training programs within Takeda training tools
- Assign and monitor document management activities within Takeda document management tools
- Assist in the development of general awareness training programs for SDLC, JSOX, GxP, etc.
- Participate in planning and developing solutions for IT employee training and document management with respect to needed certifications, job developmental skills and skill paths and document availability and storage
- Deliver all IT training programs and materials to the entire ISIT organization.
- Develop training matrices, manner of delivery, and instructional methods, including tools, tips, and other ideas promoting user self-reliance.
- Assist with creation and development of training materials and instructional scripts. Adapts training materials to align with the user’s level of responsibility.
- Serve in a liaison capacity with the user community on problem solving and improvement to new and existing operational training and document management systems.
- Document and maintains existing coursework and document procedures for newly upgraded and / implemented systems based on user needs and training or document management program requirements in order to achieve high quality service.
- Contributes to the development of departmental standards, process implementation, and compliance.
- Is a subject matter expert in the area of IT employee training objectives, needs, plans and implementation of document management within IT
- Define, develop and implement process/procedures related to management and operations of the IT training and document management processes.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years IT experience, or, High School diploma and eight years IT experience in the areas of training or document management.
- Have knowledge of and be current on Industry IT training and document management practices.
- Familiar with a variety of the pharmaceutical industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures and how they are best applied to general infrastructure, networks, data centers and other infrastructure components used to run the enterprise.
- Good oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to write and speak the English language
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.