Principal Scientist, Predictive Toxicology and Computational Biology応募後で応募 求人ID R0021654 掲載日 07/30/2020 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Principal Scientist Predictive Toxicology and Computational Biology in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. You will be empowered to provide leadership and global functional expertise for projects across the Takeda portfolio.
Scientific leader with expertise in computational biology, computational chemistry, and cheminformatics with 8+ plus years in biopharmaceutical companies supporting small molecule and new modality project team discovery and progression including development of technical capabilities.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is seeking an Principal Scientist Predictive/Computational Toxicology with 8+ years of biopharmaceutical drug development experience to lead our efforts within NonClinical Drug Safety to enable our Safety by Design initiative. This global role will lead 4 Medicinal Chemists and 2 Cheminformatics experts to drive asset development and progression, while limiting safety risks across our portfolio of small molecules and novel modalities for our four therapeutic areas. As a key member of the research team the candidate will have the opportunity to make direct contributions to global drug discovery efforts by applying computational chemistry and computational biology methods to design molecules to support all aspects of safety in drug discovery.
- Passionate about designing safety into new therapeutics utilizing computational biology and computational chemistry approaches
- Provide broad strategic leader in developing design principles for safety of new therapeutic modalities
- Build on experience leading Computational Biology and/or Chemistry Team as part of matrixed, multi-disciplinary biotherapeutic group working in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology drug discovery project teams
- Use expertise in the Application of drug design and computational design principles to biotherapeutic products to improve safety and selectivity to advance projects at all phases of drug discovery for modalities including proteins, nucleic acids and small molecules
- Partner with multidisciplinary and highly collaborative discovery teams to optimize & accelerate the development of novel drug candidates using advanced computational techniques. Collaborate with discovery chemists, structural biologists and bioinformaticians to maximize computational impact on structure- and property-based design
- Develop testable hypotheses to understand safety-related SAR by assimilating and interpreting data using modeling and data-mining techniques including machine learning and AI.
- Develop experience applying computational design principles including structural biology understanding to improving the safety of synthetic biology derived therapeutics including oligo therapies, protein and cell therapies through novel nucleic acid and protein design.
- Plays a leading scientific role on global, cross-portfolio, project team(s), setting high standards for rigor of thought
- Provides scientific contributions which have significant impact on portfolio progression and development of technical capabilities, based on benchmarking to industry best-in-class
- Acts as internal key opinion leader for his/her area of technical expertise
- Supports or identifies Business Development opportunities to enhance project progression, or functional capability expansion, with clear application to specific portfolio needs
- Continual development of scientific expertise, particularly through external interactions, linked to specific deliverables
- Contributes to development and implementation of scientific strategy, through tangible deliverables; challenges dogmas and internal 'blind spots'; actively pressure-tests ideas cross-functionally and via external network
- Establishes a strong external reputation, through scientific publication and presentation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Passionate about developing new therapeutic agents that can be used safely in our patients
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 8+ years of Computational Biology, Structural Biology, Computational Chemistry, Chem-Informatics, in Biopharmaceutical Drug Discovery
- Outstanding expertise and depth of knowledge within Computational Biology, Structural Biology, Chem-Informatics, or Medicinal Chemistry, Biochemistry as applied to Nonclinical Safety Assessment
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. competitive landscape, new technology, new research portfolio, and new partnership)
- Drives external consortia and partnerships
- None required, DABT a plus
- Manual dexterity required to operate office and lab equipment
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Up to 20% travel, both domestic and internationally may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please