Scientist II, Modeling and Simulation応募後で応募 求人ID R0020564 掲載日 06/29/2020 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II - Modeling and Simulation in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Modeling and Simulation scientist will be responsible for fit-for-purpose model-based decision support for portfolio programs from early discovery through early clinical development within the Quantitative Solutions Group.
Modeling support provided by this function will enable faster and more accurate decision-making in preclinical discovery and early development, as well as for clinical drug development choices for first-in-human or Phase I trials.
The vision for the role involves both practical application of Modeling and Simulation techniques to expedite drug discovery and development, and bridging discovery level understanding of exposure-response to the clinical translational team. The group relies on close working relationships within the company, as well as strong tie-ins with external collaborators and key opinion leaders. A critical aspect of this role is the expansion of the group’s influence and intellectual leadership across other sites within the Takeda global organization.
- Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches to a wide range of problems using
scientific theory and technical literature
- Contributes to functional problem resolution and objective setting
- Interprets results of complex experiments, and integrates data produced by other disciplines
- Contributes to functional scientific discussion
- Manage routine support for quantitative pharmacology for all projects within the Takeda pipeline, ensuring clinical impact and key deliverables for external regulatory (e.g. IND, IB) and internal decision-making documents.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Demonstrates broad technical program knowledge
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource on an aspect of a program
- Demonstrates effective project engagement skills
- Propose and build consensus for standardized approaches for quantitative pharmacology.
- Develop standardized procedures and record-keeping approaches that support engagement in areas that may potentially be audited as part of an FDA visit.
- Identify and champion novel scientific approaches to develop innovative applications of modeling and simulation to biology, pharmacology and nonclinical sciences (ADME, toxicology).
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others a direct or matrixed structure
- Engage with key stakeholders, and build strong collaborative relationships.
- Identify opportunities for external collaborations and engage with key opinion leaders.
- Identify novel areas for engagement for the group, and develop new capabilities with new ‘customer’ departments.
- Build a culture that encourages close collaboration, free sharing of ideas, and calculated risk-taking.
- Extend the reach of Modeling and Simulation to all therapeutic areas within Takeda.
- Coordinate efforts closely with key stakeholders (such as the DDU heads, Clinical Pharmacology, Experimental and Translational Medicine and toxicology) and work closely with the DMPK site head to set priorities and assign resources.
- Build win-win partnerships with other functions operating in the mathematical/simulation space (such as Biostatistics, Translational Modeling and Pharmacometrics).
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
Interaction(The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Provide leadership within industry and academic scientific bodies through key presentations, external posters and publications, thereby building the scientific reputation of the Takeda Modeling and Simulation group as an industry leader in the field.
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in the life sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, biophysics or pharmacology), chemical engineering, pharmacokinetics, or related disciplines with 2+ years experience , or
- MS with 8+ years experience, or
- BS with 10+ years experience
- Conceptual fluency with modeling, and hands-on modeling experience (e.g. using Mathematica, MATLAB, WinNonlin Phoenix or NONMEM).
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial spirit- drive and initiative.
- Flexibility and scientific curiosity.
- Strong influence and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.