Senior Product Engineer, Medical and Development応募後で応募 求人ID R0021527 掲載日 07/31/2020 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Product Engineer in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Product Engineer working on the Development and Medical team, you will be empowered to provide engineering leadership in designing and building new Takeda products. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by working directly with product owners to design and prioritize system enhancements. A typical day will include:
- Provide engineering leadership in designing and building new Takeda products
- Work directly with product owners to design and prioritize system enhancements
- Product Engineers are responsible for all engineering activities and components of product development including platforms, tools and product APIs.
- Follow and help extend the engineering and platform strategy to be used to develop software products.
- As part of product teams, to both perform agile development with fungible resources and, where appropriate, be persistent project team member.
- Identify new technologies both for use in product development and in the areas of platforms and tools.
- Ensures products are secure,use modern deployment techniques and functional APIs. Also track end of life components and transitions vs future state progress against a product portfolio.
- Manage external engineering teams to deliver new products and modernize existing product architectures
- Support product teams on an as needed basis.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture and other technical teams where appropriate to identify and use the right technologies for projects and products that they are involved with.
- Determines technical product development approaches, use different technologies, patterns and design methods along with modern scripted deployment techniques to rapidly and iteratively deliver on product development and enhancements.
- Work through complex problems with members of the team.
- Understanding how to translate process, UX, usability and operational feedback into technical designs, roadmaps and implementation
- Design & deploy complex systems and products to quickly deliver value.
- Follow bi-model methodology (agile, waterfall or other where appropriate) in building roadmaps and designing & deploying systems.
- Ensures up-to-date enterprise architecture records/repository, lifecycle management, and roadmap definition for applications/ technologies
- Follows the engineering best practices guidelines and standards adopted by Engineering Organization, including compliance and security
- Ensuring that products and their components are well architected, documented and implemented with modern architectures, microservice based API’s able to participate with other products, platforms and expose data in the product ecosystem.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Scientific, Informatics, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in design, architecture and engineering of products and/or systems. 1-2 years in the life sciences or pharmaceutical industries
- Experience working in modern development using modern API’s, Microservices and component-based systems.
- Experience delivering architectural documentation and implementation against SAAS, IAAS or Development projects.
- Experience working on AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Experience with NoSQL datastores (MongoDB, Neo4J, …)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Develop and maintain written documentation (i.e. IQ’s, System Design Specifications, etc.)
- Experience with two of the following languages: Java, Scala or Python
- Understanding of Web Services as well as JSON formats
- Year or more of experience with Jira and Agile development
- Master’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Scientific, Informatics, or related discipline.
- Experience working in R&D and / or Biotech preferred.
- Knowledge of SAS is a plus.
- Experience with GxP, CFR 21 Part 11 and systems validation is a big plus.
- Experience working with global teams remotely preferred
- Have solid understanding of change control and SDLC associated with computer system validation processes
- Experience with a BI tools: EX: Tableau, Qlick, Spotfire, Power BI
- Experience with any of the following Frameworks: SpringBoot, Django, R Shiny, Flask
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.