*Summer Intern, Quantitative Translational Sciences/Quantitative Solutions (ONC/GI/NS)応募 後で応募 求人ID R0014116 掲載日 11/12/2019 Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Summer Intern for 2020 in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
Summer intern in Quantitative Translational Sciences/Quantitative Solutions:
- Duties & responsibilities: The intern will be given a real-world translational modeling problem to tackle with close guidance of Takeda modelers, clinical pharmacologists, biologists, and clinicians. Depending on the skills and interests of the candidate as well as program needs as of internship start, intern project will impact oncology, immuno-oncology, oncology cell therapy, gastroenterology, or neuroscience. Example problems include: what does our study drug (or cell therapy) do to the trajectories of tumor burden in human subjects and/or mouse model systems? To biomarkers of safety and efficacy? Can we recommend an optimal dose and schedule combination based on the preclinical and clinical data we have gathered up to this point? Which patients are most likely to respond favorably to our investigational therapy?
- Qualifications: the ideal candidate is a advanced undergraduate or graduate student in engineering or mathematics with a passion for biology, or vice-versa. MATLAB experience, understanding of ODE-based models, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are a plus.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be graduate level students pursuing either a PharmD, Masters, or PhD at the interface of mathematical modeling and life sciences.
Better Health, Brighter Future
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)