Associate Director, Data Governance応募 後で応募 求人ID R0008180 掲載日 06/21/2019 Location:Lexington, Massachusetts
Associate Director, Data Governance
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Data Governance.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Lead the development, communication, and alignment of data governance principles and framework for US commercial data. Enforce data governance, accountable for communicating and aligning data process business rules. Responsible for establishing the process of how the organization can use data to create value
- Establish data governance by defining how to make data available, usable, and integral with current and future ecosystem
- Responsible for planning, objective setting and development of new procedures for data governance
- Lead cross-functional teams and facilitate the decision-making process regarding data processing business rules; accountable for communicating and aligning data process business rules
- Develop data inventory and includes appropriate uses for data and how the data is being used within the organization
- Create and ensure that existing governance rules within multiple systems are supporting the top-level insights and outputs
- Review and modify as necessary all existing business rules within the multiple systems as well as developing new business rules as necessary
- Specify policies of who has access to what data and who they can share it with
- Establish a common language and who is responsible for defining the vocabulary of that common language
- Function as a liaison to the IT team
- Govern implementation and operations of the U.S. Commercial data practices – ensuring new data sources are governed according to commercial standards
- Establish and lead cross functional operational model for alignment across various initiatives related to Data Governance, including informing appropriate stakeholders of new data acquisitions and facilitating data quality enhancement prioritization and execution.
- Help identify and evaluate new trends and changes in external policies, regulations and legislation relevant to Data Governance
- Define data governance operational processes (e.g., data quality measurement) in line with policies and standards, clearly articulating roles & responsibilities, and establishing and disseminating required framework and standards
- Setup a governance structure to review compliance with SOPs and drive continuous improvements.
- Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical data
- Strong analytical skills with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions and data; to comprehend quantitative methods and analytical techniques; to perform accurate analysis (correctly calculated numbers, accurate graphs); to cross-check data and assumptions; to document and establish data trails; and to think creatively about different ways to analyze data and information
- Strong writing skills with the ability to transform business needs into functional, actionable requirements with the appropriate level of detail for the execution team
- Excellent quantitative background, including ability to undertake relevant statistical analysis that supports the analysis of data to better understand market dynamics and provide insights into product performance and marketing strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Ability to present complex information clearly and with confidence
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Decision-making and Autonomy
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterprise
- Accountable for decision making for commercial data governance
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for designing and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Foster solutions-oriented thinking by fostering a culture of performance, accountability, simplicity, empowerment, external orientation and curiosity.
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with business partners and demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions, including but not limited to Commercial Operations, Business Units, Managed Markets, US Medical Affairs, and Finance
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Ability to identify areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team
- Ability to work in a global and highly matrixed ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or analytical field such as statistics, operations research, industrial engineering, computer science, economics, math, etc.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in data management and governance and/or Commercial Sales Operations/Analytics experience with demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and explain systems and approaches for customer data and product data to enable business decisions
- Experience as acting as a liaison with IT on data projects
- Must have strong knowledge of relevant internal and external data sources within the pharmaceutical data ecosystem
- Experience in setting up an ecosystem of partners bringing together various sources of data
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Must have experience in work flow/information processing
- Must possess experience managing multiple, complex projects involving cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM), data governance, and data quality business processes, solutions, methodologies.
- Experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data like IQVIA (IMS Health) Sales Data (DDD, Xponent, NSP, NPA), Affiliation (HCOS), APLD (Medical Claims), and Specialty pharmacy data.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.