Head of Communications, Global Quality応募 後で応募 求人ID R0008257 掲載日 04/17/2019 Location:Lexington, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Head of Communications in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Head of Communications working on the Global Quality team, you will be empowered to create and execute a communications plan. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission. A typical day will include:
- Global Quality will appoint a highly experienced and well-rounded communicator as Head of Communications, reporting to the Head of Quality Strategy & Business Operations.
- This role is responsible for creating and executing a communications plan to support the GQ Roadmap.
- This leader will interact as part of the extended GMS/Q communications team, helping to ensure Quality input and representation/deliberables as needed.
- This role is the primary contact for communications needs among enterprise business partners, connecting with communicators in Commercial, PDT, R&D, VBU, and Global Internal Communications.
- Strategy: Develop and lead the execution of a GQ Communications Strategy and Plan in support of the Global Quality Roadmap, working closely with the GQLT and members of the SBO network.
- Integration: Ensure communcations on integration deliverables align with the overall comms strategy.
- Lead a number of internal communications projects and activities as required by the GQO in support of broader internal communications initiatives ie, materials for external speaking engagements, town halls, enterprise meetings, key messages, editorials, video messages.
- Change Management: Provide appropriate communications vehicles to support change management activities within GQ, especially with integration.
- Technology: Act as a conduit for communications approaches and solutions using available and approved, low cost technology promoting timely communications.
- Meeting activity and support: Provide communications leadership for materials supporting the Quality Academy, the annual GMSGQ meeting in support of the Head of GMSQ Communications. Provide opportunities and solutions for furthering engagement throughout GQ.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Ability to develop and implement a communications strategy/plan that represents the broad scope of Global Quality and its leaders. Knowledge of current technology available to promote timely communications.
- Strong writing / editorial skills
- Experience with production of online media, videos, DTP
- A firm grasp of the GQ roadmap, including timing to maximize communications effectiveness
- Alignment with GQ business partners, including HR, GMS Finance & GMS Communications and other businesses that partner with GQ, and optimize stakeholder management
- Promote engagement and personal connections among the GQLT and the broader GQ organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Accountable for decisions on the day to day execution of the communications plan
- Decisions need to be timely and aligned with ongoing business in GQ
- Alignment with GQ business partners, including HR, GMS Finance & GMS Communications and other businesses who partner with GQ, and optimize stakeholder management
- Excellent project management skills needed as multiple communications needs develop in tandem
- Experience with managing approval processes in multi-functional environments
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Understand market innovations and best practices and bring to GQ communications ensuring greater effectiveness of messages
- Engage in communications learning networks to circulate Communications best practices amongst the Global Internal Communications and business partner communications teams
- Develop and/or share best practice guidelines to help Global Quality colleagues hone their communications skills
- Global strategic role
EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education / experience
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism or Business
- Significant experience (minimum 7-10 years) in corporate communications to meet communications objectives and increase employee levels of engagement and drive behavior change
- Minimum five years’ experience in a senior communications role; healthcare/ pharmaceutical industry or ethics/compliance strongly desired but not essential
- Experience with developing, executing and managing communications strategies within complex organizations with multiple cultures, in transformative stages undergoing change, and providing strategic communications counsel to senior executives
- Experience in building and utilizing communications technology such as podcasts, social media
- Project management experience in corporate communications, including managing several programs/ projects simultaneously; implementation/oversight of multiple communications platforms and channels preferred
- Proven record of building and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships within teams, across the business, with senior leaders and external agencies. Demonstrable ability to successfully collaborate with others to identify needs, provide guidance, and create and communicate solutions.
- Solution provide able to use creative ways to address business needs
- Experience and understanding of multi-cultural, multi-country/ region businesses is preferred
- A pragmatic and flexible approach to personal time management, considering the global/ international nature of the role.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Core Competencies / Skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Digital and technological skills/awareness for communications deployment
- Effective stakeholder management, including experience in successfully leading executive level communication
- Continuous improvement-oriented
- Strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients build reputation and trust
- Creating the environment that inspires and enables people
- Focuing on the few priorities and provide superior results
- Elevating capabilities for now and the future
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.