Lean Lead, Operational Excellence (Director)応募後で応募 求人ID R0041993 掲載日 08/19/2021 Location:Lexington, Massachusetts
The Lean Leader is a Lean expert responsible for development of lean capability across the Takeda network to support business improvement through coaching of leaders and practitioners and through workshop deployment. Responsible for Takeda Lean program development and continuous improvement. Through strong business knowledge, they build Lean strategies with stakeholders to deliver the Takeda value proposition.
- Work with the Head of Operational Excellence to implement and drive GMS & OE organization strategy as Business Partner in the assigned area.
- Provide guidance and support to site leadership teams, and site or center Training Leads to Coach leaders on all aspects of Lean Management system through Leader Standard work deployment
- Perform regular assessments to evaluate site and function Lean readiness opportunities for development. Aiding plants in identification of highest value areas for improvement and supports delivery of improvement of plant performance with site teams
- Develop Lean deployment strategy to support business goals with the Operating units
- Impart Lean training and coaching to colleagues to develop local capability on Lean Management System elements (AGILE Operating System) and deliver key business improvements. 15%ise with other regional Lean Leaders to ensure alignment of the global program standards
- Support Takeda Transformation and product End to End projects to map current state and identify improvement opportunities including projects at each individual site. Work with sites to identify waste and robustness issues within their value stream. Develop roadmap on how to reach the strategic goals for the extended value stream.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in a technical discipline.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the manufacturing environment (biopharmaceutical experience highly preferred).
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing and / or quality/technical services role.
- Demonstrated teaching and coaching skills.
- Experience in a Leadership role
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Minimum certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Master certified
Travel: Domestic and international travel required (will vary but up to ~50%)
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.