Scientist 1応募後で応募 求人ID R0070690 掲載日 07/06/2022 Location:London, United Kingdom
The purpose of the role is to work as part of a lab-based Research team, which is responsible for the development of the Takeda’s next generation (genetically engineered) innate lymphocyte cellular therapies. These activities will include the design, planning and delivery of experiments supporting research activities, including expansion and transduction of innate lymphocytes and exploration of all aspects of the immunological function of the engineered cells. The individual will be able to work both independently and as part of a team to conduct, analyse, and report on experiments to a high level of quality. As a Scientist I, you will work closely with multidisciplinary matrix teams to design, test, integrate & implement all processes and technologies related to the Takeda innate lymphocyte cellular therapy product pipeline. The Scientist I is expected to proactively promote teamworking, collaboration and effective prioritisation and coordination of work with colleagues.
The role is mainly laboratory based, the candidate is expected to execute work largely autonomously with regular dialogue and guidance from more senior staff.
- Design, propose, plan and deliver functional characterisation data of engineered and un-engineered in order to support Takeda’s pipeline development of anti-cancer T cell therapies
- Work collaboratively with R&D colleagues to generate ideas, strategies and data to further progress the Company’s portfolio
- Provides technical guidance to others. Proven scientific expertise in a focused area or recognized technical or subject matter expert
- Analyse and interpret scientific data driven by scientific knowledge and use scientific literature effectively to inform their work
- Communicates and presents data, plans and hypotheses effectively and regularly at team meetings and at other R&D meetings (internal and may be external)
- Apply technical and scientific knowledge/experience to critically interpret, understand, validate and professionally report and present experimental data
- Effectively contextualises data presentations in the scope of the Project or Team activities
- Writes technical and research study reports
- Generate rigorous scientific documentation including ELNs and reports and concise visual and oral presentations to communicate in cross-functional teams to peers, senior management and other key stakeholders
- Lead experimental work package design and execution with oversight from more senior staff
- Mentor and support younger team members, and if applicable/required supervise on a day to day basis 1-2 Scientist I or Associate Scientist’s
- Pro-actively seek and read scientific literature necessary to enable and broaden scientific understanding required to independently execute experimental work packages
- Actively seeks in house presentation opportunities and actively participates in R&D meetings
- PhD degree in relevant field with preferably (at least) 1 year of relevant scientific/industry experience
- Extensive practical expertise, including some of the following techniques: cell culture (cell lines and primary immune cells gene engineering and cloning, basic molecular and cellular biology methods, viral vector production, cell-based functional assays and immune assays, multiparameter flow cytometry, cell separation technologies (autoMACS, CliniMACS, Dynabead technologies, sorting)
- Demonstrated exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, pragmatic and practical, highly motivated to ensure that studies meet challenging timelines and able to propose practical, compromise solutions to problems
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative, planning and managing multiple and varied tasks and prioritize workload
- Commitment to high-quality research standards, with attention to detail and rigorous record keeping and data integrity
- Ability to work co-operatively with others, as part of a team, engaging constructively with colleagues at all levels to deliver objectives, using effective scientific communication skills
- Enjoys working in a structured environment and is willing to comply with GDT Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Good IT skills including confidence with use of scientific software
- Willing and able to work flexible hours to fit with tissue/cell availability
- Function with a high degree of autonomy in the design and implementation a series of studies to address a specific technical or scientific question/challenge that aligns with project objectives and deliverables.
- Proactively seeks guidance, as required to achieve/align with project objectives and deliverables.
- Proactively supports and recognises others’ success
- Contribute creatively beyond own functional group, promoting the use of novel approaches to problem solving and/or project progression
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
At our heart we are committed colleagues. We offer interested people numerous opportunities and strongly believe in, and promote, diversity, equity and inclusion. As a company we offer roles based on merit, welcoming candidates of any gender, age, religious belief, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, or disability. Our team is growing and for this we need bright minds with creativity and flexibility – what talent do you have?