Senior Scientist応募後で応募 求人ID R0070470 掲載日 07/06/2022 Location:London, United Kingdom
The purpose of the role is to lead the design and implementation of lab-based scientific experiments, working as part of a lab-based Research team which is responsible for the development of the Takeda’s next generation (genetically engineered) innate lymphocyte cellular therapies. These activities will include the design, planning and delivery of experiments supporting research activities, including expansion and transduction of innate lymphocytes and exploration of all aspects of the immunological function of the engineered cells. The individual will be able to work both independently and as part of a team to conduct, analyse, and report on experiments to a high level of quality. As a Senior Scientist, you will work across multiple multidisciplinary matrix teams to design, test, integrate & implement all processes and technologies related to the Takeda innate lymphocyte cellular therapy product pipeline. The Senior Scientist is expected to proactively promote teamworking, collaboration and effective prioritisation and coordination of work with colleagues.
The role is mainly laboratory based and includes responsibility for projects and generation of reports, working largely autonomously with regular dialogue and guidance from senior staff.
- Role is mainly Lab-based and may include line management of junior staff
- Lead projects of significant scientific or technical complexity from conception to completion, ensuring work is completed and reported to a high standard
- Contributes creatively beyond own functional group, promoting the use of novel approaches to problem solving and/or project progression
- Proactively provides input, seeks input and interacts broadly across different teams and project areas (internal or external)
- Communicates, collaborates and seeks input to design and delegate work effectively both within team and across project and functional teams
- Regularly effectively presents and contextualises data and scientific summaries broadly within the organisation
- May author abstracts, posters and presentations for external meetings
- Will have significant interactions both internally/cross-functionally and externally
- Is expected to author and first stage review technical and scientific internal reports
- Likely to day to day supervise a small team from the bench
- PhD in a life science (or equivalent discipline), proven track record in an applicable field, and preferably a minimum of 2+ years industry experience
- Extensive practical expertise, including some of the following techniques: cell culture (cell lines and primary immune cells gene engineering and cloning, basic molecular and cellular biology methods, viral vector production, cell-based functional assays and immune assays, multiparameter flow cytometry, cell separation technologies (autoMACS, CliniMACS, Dynabead technologies, sorting)
- Demonstrated exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Function with high degree of autonomy in the design and implementation a series of studies to address a specific technical or scientific question/challenge that aligns with project objectives and deliverables. Is expected to seek appropriate input from other SME’s
- Contribute creatively beyond own functional group, promoting the use of novel approaches to problem solving and/or project progression
- Broad scientific knowledge and expertise and up to date with scientific literature in field of expertise
- Flexible, pragmatic and practical, highly motivated to ensure that studies meet challenging timelines and able to propose practical, compromise solutions to problems
- Commitment to high-quality research standards, with attention to detail and rigorous record keeping and data integrity
- Ability to work co-operatively with others, as part of a team, engaging constructively with colleagues at all levels to deliver objectives, using effective scientific communication skills
- Enjoys working in a structured environment and is willing to comply with GDT Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Willing and able to work flexible hours to fit with tissue/cell availability
- Proactively promotes and supports teamwork and collaborative behaviours including fostering teamworking in others and motivating team members
- Proactively supports and recognises others’ success
- Good IT skills including confidence with use of scientific software
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
At our heart we are committed colleagues. We offer interested people numerous opportunities and strongly believe in, and promote, diversity, equity and inclusion. As a company we offer roles based on merit, welcoming candidates of any gender, age, religious belief, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, or disability. Our team is growing and for this we need bright minds with creativity and flexibility – what talent do you have?