Sr. Medical Science Liaison - Hematology (CA, NV, HI)応募 後で応募 求人ID R0011740 掲載日 08/28/2019 Location:Los Angeles, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Science Liaison /Senior Medical Science Liaison covering the Delaware, New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania Territory.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Medical Science Liaison working on the Medical Affairs team, a typical day will include:
- Applies advanced field-based medical experience, subject matter knowledge, and skills in supporting medical strategies for Takeda compounds and in addressing unsolicited requests for medical information from healthcare professionals, as well as managed care organizations, payers and other formulary decision makers.
- Maximizes and leverages thought leader relationships by identifying mutually beneficial opportunities that meet the strategic needs of internal stakeholders.
- Participates in and contributes to projects and initiatives within a matrix environment that increase the value and productivity of Medical Affairs (MA).
- Expands on and leverages thought leader relationships by aligning thought leader expertise with Takeda needs. Successfully connects thought leaders internally to serve as advisors, expert guest speakers, investigators, and business development partners.
- Leads and facilitates the fulfillment of unsolicited requests, coordinates and delivers scientific, pharmacoeconomic, and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchange to regional managed care organizations, payers, and other formulary decision makers.
- Actively participates in executing MA strategy at medical conferences by identifying relevant sessions, coordinating field coverage, and proactively facilitating thought leader interactions with Takeda stakeholders.
- Actively participates in and contributes to MA or cross-functional projects/initiatives.
- Provides ongoing operational and scientific training within MA.
- Regularly collects and interprets medical insights and intelligence gathered from scientific exchange with thought leaders and payers. Communicates relevant information to internal stakeholders in order to define, update, and support medical strategies.
- Presents scientific information to external customers, including at medical meetings or Takeda sponsored meetings.
- Lead the execution of the field medical component of sales training and speaker training initiatives.
- Regularly identifies and facilitates external research aligned with Takeda’s medical strategies. Facilitates review and tracks progress of ongoing aligned research projects.
- Consistently provides assistance in identifying, evaluating, and screening qualified research sites for clinical investigation.
- Consistently completes all required training, activity documentation, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Mentors and coaches others within Field Medical Affairs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD, or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Three years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral degree including a minimum of 2 years of medical liaison experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the key phases, processes, and techniques that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Therapeutic area experience.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
- Ability to use field based telephonic and computer tools for all aspects of the job is critical.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Los Angeles, CA