Director of Chemistry, Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit応募後で応募 求人ID R0068599 掲載日 06/09/2022 Location:San Diego, California
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Director of Chemistry, Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (GI DDU) where you will provide strong scientific and strategic leadership in medicinal chemistry from project concept to IND. You will also play a leading role in building and delivering an innovative, modality diverse portfolio within the GI DDU. As part of the GI Chemistry team, you will report to the Senior Director and effectively collaborate with cross functional partners and drive high performance within teams as well as lead and mentor individuals and teams, and help foster a culture which supports diversity, equity and inclusion.
How you will contribute:
- Create and communicate a clear vision and strategy for your projects and/or areas of primary responsibility, directed toward establishment and progression of an industry-leading research portfolio.
- Provide critical leadership in all aspects of medicinal and synthetic chemistry across modalities and across the GI portfolio.
- Provide significant input into overall GI DDU portfolio and department strategy.
- Partner with business development colleagues to support interactions with existing and potential external partners.
- Provide leadership and strategic support to other parts of the Takeda organization, and/or to external collaborators.
- Support the continuous development of positive organizational culture and operational effectiveness across multiple areas.
- Supervise, develop, mentor direct and indirect reports.
- PhD degree in chemistry or related field, with 10+ years experience in discovery research, and with a strong track record of success.
- Extensive matrix management experience in a drug discovery setting.
- Experience with alternative modalities (e.g. peptides, oligonucleotides, conjugates) is desirable.
- Extensive experience in leadership of multidisciplinary drug discovery teams, with the ability to identify key project challenges, make data-driven decisions, and manage timelines to advance programs with flexibility and agility.
- Demonstrate an enterprise approach to supporting innovation and the growth of an industry-leading portfolio.
- Keen understanding of the current state-of-the-art (e.g. competitive landscape, new technology, new research portfolio, and new partnership).
- Demonstrated ability to inspire commitment from team members, champion change and support continuous learning and career development for team members and peers.
- Superior communication skills, self awareness, and receptiveness to constructive feedback.
- Proficiency with chemistry analytics and informatics tools such as Chemdraw, Scifinder/Reaxys, D360, LiveDesign, etc.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.