Head of Computational, Structural, and Protein Sciences応募後で応募 求人ID R0065818 掲載日 04/25/2022 Location:San Diego, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Head of Computational, Structural, and Protein Sciences in our San Diego, CA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Responsible for the structural biology, protein sciences, and computational chemistry groups setting the strategic vision and plan for each group to deliver for Takeda pipeline projects. Implement state-of-the-art approaches in each discipline to efficiently solve drug discovery challenges and contribute directly to developing transformative medicines for patients at Takeda.
- Centralized leadership and consolidation of the three groups in San Diego with an emphasis in cross functional and global collaboration.
- Lead a team of multidisciplinary skilled scientists in structural biology, protein sciences, bioinformatics, and computational chemistry that will work in close collaboration with Takeda’s Drug Discovery Sciences group, Global Biologics group, and the four Drug Discovery Units (DDUs) covering Oncology, Neuroscience, GI disorders and Rare Diseases. Clearly articulate the strategies, deliverables, progress, and resourcing to each of these groups/functions.
- Couple the power of innovative gene-to-structure and computational tools to develop effective and impactful approaches to drug novel targets with a diverse range of therapeutic modalities.
- Leverage state-of-the art computational chemistry, chemoinformatics, bioinformatics, artificial intelligence-related tools and methodologies to enrich Takeda drug discovery efforts to support small molecules as well as alternative modalities such as RNA modulators, oligonucleotides/ASOs, and bifunctional degraders.
- Evolve the Takeda gene-to-structure pipeline to maximize the impact of protein chemistry, crystallography and CryoEM across projects at Takeda.
- Implement computational workflows and methodologies that incorporate physics-based methods and artificial intelligence to enhance and expediate data-driven research and directly impact the digital evolution of Takeda.
- Work within a highly collaborative environment at Takeda interfacing closely with other functions such medicinal chemistry and scientific informatics with a commitment to optimize workflows by integrating data-centric workflows that will ensure data-driven decision making to expedite Takeda drug discovery efforts.
- Forge effective collaborations with other Takeda functions as well as with CROs, vendors, academic institutions, and external companies to maintain protein chemistry, structural biology, and computational chemistry deliverables.
- Oversee the internal and external collaborations to maintain an overview of the efficiency and productivity of partners to maximize delivery of goals and return on external investments.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 15+ years experience , or
- MS with 14+ years experience, or
- BS with 16+ years experience
- Direct experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related field required
- Previous experience leading a medium to large organization and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders is a plus
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary globally dispersed teams. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
This position is currently classified as “remote” in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.