Intern - Immunology応募 後で応募 求人ID R0010055 掲載日 07/11/2019 Location:San Diego, California
This position will be responsible for providing support with all aspects of formulation, dosing (oral and parenteral routes), sample collection and clinical monitoring of efficacy, pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic and exploratory toxicology evaluations. Efficacy models will include mice and rat models of GI and Immunology. Responsibilities will include in vitro quantitative analyses of tissue and serum specimens from pre-clinical efficacy, PK/PD, clinical and safety assessment studies. This individual will interact closely with other biologists, medicinal and bioanalytical chemists. Responsibilities will also include assisting in animal surgeries and support development/validation of animal models for efficacy established by TCAL. You will be expected to have good computer skills; Microsoft word, excel, graphical presentation of data and PowerPoint slide presentations. Weekend work may be required.
- Performs in vivo rodent dosing, rodent surgery and tissue collection.
- Performs in vitro assays (MSD, ELISA), including RNA or protein expression analysis of targets in rodent or human tissues, cells, or fluids
- Performs data analysis and present results when necessary
- Assists in vitro assays (MSD, ELISA, RNA prep, Nanostring)
- Prepares samples for external shipments
- Maintains a safe and organized lab bench
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing with a focus in immunology, pharmaceutical science, or a related biological or chemical science field (Second or Third year students preferred)
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Expected hours: 12 - 20 hours while school is in session; up to 40 hours during school breaks
- Applicants must be highly motivated, self-starters with excellent oral and written communication.
- Applicants must be willing to work with rodents as well as human tissues, cells, and fluids.
- Candidate should have a strong interest and understanding of Immunology and Gastroenterology Biology.
- Previous experience with each of the following is preferred but not required: animal handling and dosing, RNA preparation/sequencing, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, and IHC.
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to use hands to handle animals, palpate tissues/objects, use surgical tools, or controls, and to reach with hands or arms.
- The colleague must lift or move up to 10 pounds on a regular basis in the course of daily activities.
- Weekend work may be required.
- Potential exposure to cold temperatures, loud noises, reactive chemicals and possible rodent allergens.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)