Partner, Takeda Ventures Inc.応募後で応募 求人ID R0017374 掲載日 03/03/2020 Location:San Diego, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Partner, Takeda Ventures Inc. in our San Diego, CA office. Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Partner, Takeda Ventures Inc. working on the team, a typical day will include:
- This position is responsible for identifying, executing and managing strategic investments for Takeda Ventures. He/she will build and maintain relationships that result in high quality strategic investments for Takeda.
- Assist, and in his/her absence deputize for, the SP in all matters concerning external venture activities
- Together with the SP, serve as a key interface for Takeda external venture activities
- Engage internal stakeholders, and contribute significant value through provision of strategic intelligence and insights with respect to disruptive therapeutic innovation
- Develop and maintain deep interactions with US and European life science communities, ensuring a high level of visibility for Takeda venture initiatives within investment, academic and government institutions
- Secure a steady flow of high quality strategic investment opportunities across US and Europe, and conduct formal due diligence involving external and internal legal counsel prior to contract negotiations leading to investment
- Participate as the Takeda representative on the Board of portfolio companies, serving the interests of the company as a shareholder Director / Observer
- Maximize exposure of internal stakeholders to relevant strategic intelligence and potential strategic assets, facilitating interactions leading to value-enhancing transactions
- Lead competitive landscaping exercises in areas of emerging science and technology, with the aim of identifying key strategic investment targets within these spaces
- Serve as a key cross-functional contributor to the development and execution of the medium- and long-range strategic objectives of TVI, and of the Center for External Innovation
- Develop and nurture a portfolio of investments serving the near- through long-term strategic priorities of Takeda
- Deliver tangible strategic value in the form of opportunities to support pipeline and enhance R&D capabilities
- Maintain ad report clear, comprehensive and up to date records of deal flow, any resulting transactions, and the ongoing financial and legal status of portfolio companies
- Maintain highest standards of ethics and venture best practice in all aspects of the job
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- PhD in a relevant field (biological sciences; chemistry etc.).
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry, with a proven track record in Research, and Business Development/venture investing experience.
- Significant exposure to research in high caliber academic institutions, with a broad exposure to multiple scientific disciplines.
- Ambition, an entrepreneurial mind and an ability to analyze business plans, research data, financial figures and market data to make sound business decisions and recommendations
- Experience in negotiating and managing third party collaboration, licensing and development contracts. Understanding the laws and regulations affecting venture investments at the state, federal and international level.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and creativity to deal with complex issues and decisions. Ability to explore positions and alternatives to reach beneficial outcomes for all parties involved
- Understands the competitive landscape in private and public sector life sciences industries, and is knowledgeable enough to anticipate new trends, opportunities and threats in healthcare innovation
- Self-starter - independent, yet a strong team player
- Business acumen- has a thorough understanding of, and can champion, the highest standards of good business practice.
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and in writing in a persuasive and appropriate manner, with deference to cross-cultural communications.
- Interpersonal – ability to work effectively and get along with others with diverse backgrounds.
- Team building- ability to work collaboratively in a team and encourage teamwork.
- Relationship Building Skills – ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders and build trust with others to increase Takeda’s competitive advantage.
- Willingness to travel to clients meetings, sometimes involving trips lasting several days. Travel will be required potentially amounting to more than 20% of total time
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA