Principal Scientist, Discovery Toxicology応募後で応募 求人ID R0018007 掲載日 03/16/2020 Location:San Diego, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. We endeavor to build an industry-leading Discovery Toxicology program at Takeda. Become a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission by joining as a Discovery Toxicologist in our San Diego office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in prominent roles supporting cross-functional Discovery teams. She/he is able to leverage their deep insights into cellular and pathway mechanisms, coupled with knowledge of toxicology in order to provide expert advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics. An emphasis in the fields of immunology, gastrointestinal and/or neuroscience would be a strong plus.
- As part of the Global Discovery Toxicology Team work in interdisciplinary teams within and across Global Safety to provide safety support to early discovery teams and engage in core activities within the Discovery Toxicology group
- Work as part of a team of safety assessment scientists and more broadly DMPK, pathology, pharmacology, and medicinal chemistry experts to implement discovery toxicology strategy to enable the selection and progression of optimized drug candidates
- Apply novel toxicity mechanism-based assays and integrated models to support early target safety and chemistry/modality evaluation.
- Provide pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics selected for further development based on proactive risk assessment of target- and chemotype-related toxicities
- Develop comprehensive target safety reviews with risk mitigation plan for early drug discovery project teams based on literature, bioinformatics, and other predictive tools.
- Apply state of the art in silico, in vitro, and in vivo de-risking strategies to aid in the selection and optimization of large and small molecule therapeutics, as well as new therapeutic modalities
- Lead the development of early hypothesis-driven investigation into mechanisms of toxicity for the proactive management of potential safety liabilities and communication of impact to teams
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Minimum of MS with 10+ years of pharmaceutical experience or PhD in a scientific and 5+ years of experience working at a pharmaceutical company
- Passion to decrease safety related attrition in drug discovery
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a matrix, global environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, cell/molecular biology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Experience in drug development across mixed modalities and an extensive knowledge in immunology, gastrointestinal, and/or neuroscience is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- DABT certification a plus, but not necessary
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA