Principal Scientist - In Vitro Pharmacology応募後で応募 求人ID R0069576 掲載日 07/07/2022 Location:San Diego, California
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Principal Scientist - In Vitro Pharmacology where you will deliver innovative and robust assay solutions for tool asset generation on a broad range of modalities. You will also contribute to multiple projects, being a senior scientific consultant, may be a project team leader or providing key technical knowledge to a project team. As part of the Gastroenterology Chemistry team, you will report to the Associate Director, Medicinal Chemistry and In Vitro Pharmacology and work with Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (GI DDU) organization.
How you will contribute:
- Design and direct in vitro pharmacology strategy in support of small molecule, peptide and oligonucleotide projects.
- Responsible for effective project management and utilization of internal and CRO resources.
- Represent in vitro pharmacology group in cross-functional project teams and provide robust scientific and technical support.
- Help communicate strategy and collaborate with other functional teams and departments.
- Mentor, motivate and develop junior scientists.
- PhD degree in pharmacology or related discipline with 6+ years experience, or
- MS with 10+ years experience, or
- BS with 12+ years experience
- Demonstrate in-depth expertise in molecular and cellular pharmacology and in vitro assay development and screening technology across a board range of target classes (e.g., GPCR, kinase, protease etc) and modalities is highly preferred.
- Capable of multitasking, including leading multiple assay development, hit identification/characterization and/or SAR generation projects.
- Keep abreast of recent literature and technologies.
- Demonstrate strong record of publications and/or patents.
- Make strategic recommendations on research projects.
- Manage and mentor the scientific and career development of direct reports.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.