Research Scientist I __ Protein Chemistry応募後で応募 求人ID R0068791 掲載日 06/08/2022 Location:San Diego, California
The Drug Discovery Sciences (DDS) department at Takeda is looking for an experienced Scientist I -Protein Chemist. You will work in a protein production team, and will have excellent experimental skills and the ability to design, produce, and characterize recombinant proteins for drug discovery research.
You will work with researchers across multiple departments within the DDS department, Takeda's Drug Discovery Units, and with contract research organizations (CROs). You will also present work at national and international conferences.
We are looking for someone who identifies and solves important technical challenges, and excels in a diverse and innovative environment. You will offer a significant opportunity to conduct the latest discovery research within a growing and science-driven organization.
- Demonstrated independent scientific and technical thought and creativity
- Displayed method development experience in soluble and membrane protein expression, purification, and characterization
- Acted as a recognized scientific expert on a previous discovery team
- Demonstrated project engagement skills
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURALCOMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a related scientific discipline (no postdoc experience required), or
- MS with 4+ years experience, or
- BS with 6+ years experience
- Hand-on experiences and expert in recombinant protein production using multiple expression systems and multiple chromatography purification methods.
- Improve expression and purification procedures to enhance protein yield and quality.
- Experience with technologies to analyze proteins and determine the protein-protein, protein-compound interaction
- Oversee purification, characterization, and delivery of assigned recombinant proteins for crystallography, biophysics studies, and enzymatic assays promptly.
- Manage multiple protein purifications and deliveries concurrently.
- Communicate with project team members.
- Seek solutions when encountering experimental obstacles.
- Contribute to functional scientific discussion.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
• 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan• Tuition reimbursement • Company match of charitable contributions• Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings• Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.