Scientific Director - Liver Disease Research応募後で応募 求人ID R0016935 掲載日 02/19/2020 Location:San Diego, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientific Director, Liver Disease Research at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientific Director, Liver Disease Research, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
The Scientific Director, Liver Disease Research working in the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit will:
- lead a team focused on the validation of novel targets and the evaluation of novel anti-fibrotic drug candidates for the treatment of chronic liver diseases
- be a scientific leader with deep subject-matter expertise and will apply this expertise to leading efforts in the design and execution of in vivo and in vitro studies to generate key data for evaluating potential targets, mechanism of action and/or drug candidate efficacy and pharmacodynamics
- be responsible for bringing novel drug candidates with high potential for anti-fibrotic efficacy in humans into the early stage pipeline
- be a highly collaborative and energetic scientist with superior communication skills, who can lead a lab-based team running multiple projects and act as senior scientific consultant to and/or leader of early-stage matrix project teams.
- Develops and oversees novel scientific projects and manages the work of others directly as well as in a matrixed structure
- Oversees the design and execution of relevant target and drug candidate validation studies using contemporary methods and tools.
- Leads efforts to determine mechanism of action for drug targets and candidates using state-of-the-art methods and tools
- Lead or participate on cross-functional teams and provide technical leadership in area of expertise
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses in written and/or oral form
- Proactively identify complex obstacles to progress in specific areas; recommend and implement solutions using a diverse set of resources; regularly add value to research projects through creative ideas
- Manage a wide variety of tasks, techniques, and projects; integrate these responsibilities to produce quality result with a high level of efficiency
- Supports or identifies business development opportunities to enhance project progression, or functional capability expansion, with clear and specific application to needs of the liver portfolio
- Act as a scientific mentor
- Communicate with colleagues effectively
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Expertise in the design and execution of in vivo and in vitro studies for the evaluation of liver-related biology and NASH/fibrosis pathology
- Deep knowledge of animal models of liver disease, NASH and fibrosis and cell systems for evaluating interactions between hepatocyte, macrophage, stellate and/or endothelial cells
- Expertise in one therapeutic modality (small molecules, antibodies & biologics, ASOs/siRNA) and familiarity with the other modalities
- Plays a leading scientific role on project team(s), setting high standards for rigor of thought and technical execution
- Manage and mentor direct reports
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently solves scientific problems using multiple technologies and approaches
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
- Lead a high functioning group of researchers
- Initiates and leads external interactions with CROs and collaborators
- Frequent contact with internal and external personnel at various management levels
- Determines methods on new assignments; makes strategic recommendations on projects
- Explores and implements novel, cutting edge techniques and technology
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years experience in drug discovery or target validation research with proven expertise in liver fibrosis
- Superior oral and written communication skills with proven ability to effectively interact with technical, scientific staff and research management
- WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA