Scientist I - Medicinal Chemistry応募後で応募 求人ID R0065256 掲載日 04/27/2022 Location:San Diego, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist I in our San Diego laboratories.
Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliverBetter Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
As a Scientist I in the GI Chemistry group, you will be a vital contributor to our mission to discover and develop medicines for patients.
- Takeda seeks a creative and highly motivated scientist to enhance our ability to discover medicines. The successful candidate will apply innovative synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry principles to design, synthesize, and characterize novel, functional molecules within a drug discovery setting that leverages a variety of therapeutic modalities.
- Opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in a cutting-edge, modality agnostic drug discovery unit to create products to serve patients with gastrointestinal and liver disease.
- Strong laboratory-based focus, experimental excellence, and well-developed communication and collaboration skills are required for this position
- Design, synthesize, and characterize bioactive target molecules to address issues of potency and drug-like properties
- Develop innovative and efficient synthetic routes
- Act as a key member of a multidisciplinary drug discovery project team, assist with development of project strategy, coordination of research activities, and analysis and communication of complex data
- Contribute to ongoing innovation within medicinal chemistry through familiarity with recent methods in synthetic organic chemistry
- Maintain a broad current understanding of the scientific and technological landscapes of organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry, and drug discovery, as well as the scientific literature related to a specific drug discovery project
- Keep an accurate, comprehensive, concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- Identify routine obstacles to progress; solve a variety of problems
- Prepare and present research to range of internal and external audiences, through presentations, posters, and contributions to authorship of patents and scientific manuscripts
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Diverse practical experience in synthetic organic chemistry
- Demonstrated clear understanding of experimental design and reaction mechanism
- Good understanding of basic biochemical and biological principles
- High level of expertise in modern laboratory and analytical methods
- Proficiency with basic chemistry and laboratory research software required
- Experience with molecular modeling and/or structure-based design tools are a plus
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages own workload
- Demonstrates independent thought/creativity in science
- Regularly presents work or scientific topics both internally and externally using a variety
of communication/tools tools
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline (or equivalent), or
- M.S. in Chemistry with 6+ years of relevant chemistry research experience, or
- B.S. with 8+ years of relevant chemistry research experience
- Scientific expertise in organic chemistry, strong knowledge of modern organic chemistry literature, in-depth knowledge of commonly used purification and spectroscopic characterization techniques
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to present rationale, key data, issues, and accomplishments to project teams
- Strong collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively within a diverse team
- A high level of creativity and productivity with respect to laboratory contribution, with strong problem-solving skills directed toward achievement of project milestones
- Internally motivated to learn and develop within role
- May to travel to domestic or international scientific meetings, conferences, and collaborator sites, including overnight trips
- Requires up to 2% travel
This job posting excludes CO applicants
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, absent an approved religious or medical reason. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. If you are contacted by a Takeda recruiter about your job application, we encourage you to seek more information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function to which you have applied.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.