Scientist I, Oligonucleotide Chemistry応募後で応募 求人ID R0065902 掲載日 05/04/2022 Location:San Diego, California
About the role:
The Oligonucleotide Research Scientist I will focus on preclinical research and development in the area of oligonucleotide therapeutics. The role will be responsible for the synthesis and purification of modified oligonucleotides. This position will drive deliverables to meet project needs using internal and external resources. Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots oligonucleotide synthesizers.
Join Takeda as a Scientist I in our Oligonucleotide Chemistry team, based in San Diego, CA.
How you will contribute:
- Executes synthesis, purification, and characterization of oligonucleotides in the lab and through effective management of external CRO teams.
- Optimize protocols for synthesis of oligonucleotides for novel modified amidites.
- Develop and optimize high throughput workflows for oligonucleotide conjugation and analyses.
- Collaborate with project teams, as well as core Chemistry team, to expand oligonucleotide synthesis capabilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to accomplish goals under strict timelines.
- Contributes to the identification of novel delivery technology applicable to ASO and/or siRNA therapeutics.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of discipline
- Keeps current with emerging trends in discipline
- Hands-on experience with solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis.
- Hands-on experience in purification methods RP, IEX, SEC, and affinity chromatography.
- Experience with oligonucleotide conjugates is preferred
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline (no post doc experience required), MS with 4+ years experience, or BS with 6+ years experience
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.