Scientist II - Ex Vivo Assay Development応募 後で応募 求人ID R0010117 掲載日 07/02/2019 Location:San Diego, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist II, Ex Vivo Assay Development, in our San Diego, California office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist II working on the ETD team, you will be empowered to contribute to target discovery and validation efforts that utilize cutting edge techniques developing ex vivo and target engagement assays.
Contributes to design, development and execution of research assignments, potentially contributing to multiple projects
- Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches to a wide range of problems using
scientific theory and technical literature
- Contributes to functional problem resolution and objective setting
- Interprets results of complex experiments, and integrates data produced by other disciplines
- Contributes to functional scientific discussion
- Design and execute in vitro/ex vivo experiments independently to determine the relevant functional readouts associated with modulation of the target functions and the pharmacodynamics using molecular, biochemical or enzymatic assays.
- Develop target engagement models to enable assessment in preclinical models for human genetics supported early drug discovery projects
- Develop on-target biomarker assays to support PD biomarker discovery effort
- Generate recombinant protein expression vectors and characterize expression by qPCR, WB and IF/IHC.
- Generate, analyze and interpret data in appropriate scientific context and present data and project updates at department meetings and cross-functional settings.
- Document experiments and results accurately in databases and in written reports
- Work exceptionally well with others in a fast paced and team environment
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates broad technical program knowledge
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource on an aspect of a program
- Demonstrates effective project engagement skills
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others a direct or matrixed structure
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 2+ years experience , or
- MS with 8+ years experience, or
- BS with 10+ years experience
- Molecular biology techniques such as cloning, RNA isolation and qPCR are required
- Extensive expertise in ex vivo assay development, cell culture, transfection/viral transduction, siRNA knockdown, ELISA, MSD, WB, Co-IP, and immunohistochemistry is required. Primary cell isolation and culture experience is a plus.
- Experience in developing ex vivo target engagement models and on-target biomarker assays is required
- Experience in in vitro and ex vivo enzyme assays including ubiquitination related readouts is preferred
- Experience with animal handling, tissue dissection, and drug administration in rodents (PO, IP, IV) is required. Experience with AAV vector in vivo delivery is preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills, especially the ability to work across multiple scientific disciplines and functions are necessary
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please
San Diego, CA